Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

@ Butters

La guida del post n.79 è valida pure per un Garmin 255W ? Anche l'eventuale ripristino?
    Is the post n.79 guide also valid for a Garmin 255W? Even the eventual recovery?

Thanks

2.    Advertissements

Important User An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w
    An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w

@bottoni
    Yes, it's applicable including return to 2x5W provided that it's HWID 0827. Except you won't have BT of course because 255W doesn't have the module. I've added an edit to Post #79 to clarify.

Ciao.

Thank you Butters! My Nuvi 265W now has Lane Assist. It took an extra day to figure it all out. I had an issue on my laptop with drivers where the updater tool was not able to detect the Garmin USB device even though it was fine under Windows explorer. It turns out I needed to update my "Garmin USB GPS" device drivers before it would detect it in the tool. Second issue was the 465 flash wouldn't stick until I figured out I needed to delete the GUPDATE.GCD file on the garmin unit. I was wondering why it would splash 465 but after reboot it would then revert back to 265W firmware. I'll leave it at hybrid for a little while to see how it goes. Thanks for the flashkit as it made it easy to convert. Cheers!

Important User An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w
    An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w

Sorry i forgot to tell you to remove any GCD file first and check you have Garmin USB Drivers loaded to the computer but i'll edit my post to include now. They're kinda the top points in "Garmin RGN Flashing 1.01" so it's easy to overlook telling users to do that upfront. My apologies for causing you some extra work but full credit to you for working it out anyway.

Keep the original 41.bin safe and also now do another backup and then a further final one if you convert fully. You can use the same SD card as hybrid provided you remove the file named "last_id.bin" from 0827 folder after each use of the card. After you fully convert you'll need to replace the Ldr.bin [boot.bin renamed] with the one from 0934 HWID firmware and have the final folder as "0934" of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    @bottoni
    Yes, it's applicable including return to 2x5W provided that it's HWID 0827. Except you won't have BT of course because 255W doesn't have the module. I've added an edit to Post #79 to clarify.

Ciao.

grazie è andato tutto bene ...unico problema non ho le voci loquendo

thank you it all went well ... the only problem I don't have is the voices loquendo

ciao

Quote Originally Posted by bottoni View Post
    ... the only problem I don't have is the voices loquendo
    I'm no TomTom expert but i believe "loquendo" is their term for TTS voices. If you had TTS before and haven't removed any VPM files from the Voice folder then they should still be there. 2x5W and 465T use the same *.vpm voice files but your preferred voice may need to be re-selected in Tools>Settings>Language>Voice. If you're missng the actual file, i guess you want Italiano TTS so here's Paolo & Silvia:
    Spoiler:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you need any others just ask, i have most.

Member + An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w

Hello!
    Would the JCV work on a Garmin 245w?
    Thanks!

@Lezli
    There is no support for JCV written into US/EU firmware for nuvi 2x5W devices. Only certain Asian fw support it and if you have a Western 245W (only with HWID 0827) and a suitable board version it can be safely converted to SG/MY .... but there is risk of bricking permanently to a white screen if you are careless or unlucky in the conversion. Read all of this thread so you understand. You will also have some difficulty when using Western voices, so imo frankly it's not worth the effort and risk. HWID 0827 > nuvi 465T as discussed in the most recent posts is safer, easier and works for Lane Assistance but not Junction View.

Member + An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w

Which software version of the conversion described in comment 79 gives 465, 4.20? Because my remodel 255w has 3.21 software and the date is not accurate and the display does not work properly in automatic mode! Nothing changes with the Garmin Express upgrade!

Be sure you understand the basics before you attempt any such cross-flashing. The method used in Post #79 utilizes a HYBRID firmware, comprised of the boot.bin from HWID 0827 fw Version 7.80 (the latest) and the remaining components from HWID 0943 (nuvi 465T) Version 4.20, also the latest for that device. They've been blended together using RGN_Tool and the HWID of all the components overwritten to 0827. Maintaining the original HWID of the recipient device lessens the change of bricking it and in the unlikely event it is bricked using that kit it makes it much easier to return to full nuvi 2x5W. Conversly, if the FULL donor firmware is used and the HWID of the device changed to 0943 then the chance of bricking increases and the opportunity to return to 0827 is greatly lessened.

Your 255W has very old firmware, in fact it's probably one that was loaded in the factory. V3.21 doesn't show in the change log at all. V2.80 was superseded by V4.40 in the official history:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Perhaps V3.21 was issued but then quickly withdrawn because it was buggy. In any case you should update it to V7.80 before attempting a cross-flash to nuvi 465T.

So what exactly do you mean when you say this: "Nothing changes with the Garmin Express upgrade!" ?? ... Do you mean it's not recognized by GE, or it fails during the process, or it seems to load current fw to the device but doesn't update afterwards? Note that you have to safely disconnect and let the device reboot to load new firmware after updating with GE.