Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    follow the guide in this post #33 to make 110601000630.rgn
    The RGN only with boot.bin, right? Without fw_all and fw1. If so, done.

try a backup of its nonvol region 41
    I don't understand this step

Make the SD flash kit normally following this tutorial but don't have Ldr.bin in the 1106 folder with Update.txt file.
    So, inside the HWID folder there should only be the Update.txt file with the code you passed? If so, done.

Thanks

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast Garmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logo
    Garmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logoGarmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logoGarmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logoGarmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logoGarmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logoGarmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logoGarmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logo

Read dedicated topics more carefully
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Important User Garmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logo
    Garmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logoGarmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logo

Quote Originally Posted by julianof View Post
    The RGN only with boot.bin, right? Without fw_all and fw1. If so, done.
    Yes i know you made and flashed (normally) a 'boot.bin-only' RGN with updater.exe previously. What i'm now asking you to do is different from that. I want you to modify boot.bin by changing the first instance of bytes '0C 80 A0 E1' to '0C 80 A0 E3' in hex, then use that modified one to make the RGN. It's then used to run the SD text command, not flash the device directly like you did before. Read the Post #33 i linked for you in my previous post, this one: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I don't understand this step
    Similarly, read the link i supplied and the changes needed as written in my previous post about backup of region 41.

So, inside the HWID folder there should only be the Update.txt file with the code you passed? If so, done.
    Now it's my turn to say i don't understand. Done what, prepared the SD kit with Garmin\Updater\1106\Update.txt file? But not yet used it like i detailed?

If you are unsure of anything to do with the preparation i will make the SD kit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boki View Post
    Read dedicated topics more carefully
    Sorry, my native language is not English and sometimes the translator doesn't translate very well.

If you are unsure of anything to do with the preparation i will make the SD kit for you.
    Please, if you would be so kind, do it for me. Thank you

Garmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logoGarmin Nuvi 1200 that gets stuck on Garmin logo

Quote Originally Posted by julianof View Post
    Please, if you would be so kind, do it for me. Thank you
    No problem. Look behind the Spoiler below for the kit:
    Spoiler: Click
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Follow this guide:
    • Extract "SD_RGN41_Flash_Kit.zip" to find Garmin folder and 110601000630.rgn and Updater.exe
    • Put Garmin folder on a CLEAN microSD card (use a small card if possible, FAT16 or FAT32 only)
    • Insert the card into your nuvi with it completely OFF
    • Drag 110601000630.rgn onto Updater.exe to open its GUI
    • Continue with the previously written guide in Post #2 from Point 4 onwards to place the nuvi in preboot, connect it by USB, start Updater.exe, etc.
    • When the process finishes as indicated by Updater giving 'success' message, remove the microSD and post the contents of update.log now present in 1106 folder.

There should now be a new file named 41.bin created in the root of the card. Please keep a copy of it safely somewhere as we may need to flash it back later depending on what happens with further experimentation.

Note: This is entirely at your risk. I've taken care to make the kit correctly and no risk should result in it's proper use in a HWID 1106 device that only has a soft-bricking. However be aware that should your nuvi have a flash chip problem that it may fail at any time and it's most likely that would occur when it's being stressed while flashing.

Thank you very much again

Complete procedure on Youtube

Spoiler: YT

Microsd root content
    Spoiler: root

Folder content 1106
    Spoiler: 1106

Content Update.log
    Spoiler: update.log

I tried with two microSDs, one 2GB and the other 4Gb, obtaining the same result in both, which are detailed in the video and images.

I appreciate the great help you are giving me.

I think the problem is either there has been an inappropriate firmware flashed to that device, or it has partial flash damage. Although it appears to dump region 41 successfully, the resultant 41.bin file is empty when it should be 4096KB. The UID and HWID in update.log both show "0" when that line should read nüvi 12xx Series Software Version 6.30, UID: [10 digit number], HWID: [10 digit number] e.g. 3123456789.

So that means your nuvi has lost it's Unit Identification indicating a very serious error in its non-volatile memory region data at the least, or at worst some flash damage involving the space used by region 41. If it's the latter problem i think it's quite doubtful that 41 will be the only region affected. We can try erasing 41, but not just yet because we don't have a copy. First let's try dumping it's 2 firmware regions. Do this:

In the card's 1106 folder: Remove last_id.bin. You can leave update.log in place. Change update.txt as below then repeat the process to dump regions 14 and 127. They should be about 16,384KB and 32,768KB respectively. Unless they also dump as "0", compress 14.bin and 127.bin into a ZIP or RAR file. It'll be much larger than the maximum allowed of 15.07MB therefore can't be attached here, so upload it to a free external site such as mega.nz then post the link. I want to compare your BINs to healthy fw_all and resources data.

This is the new text to use:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    It doesn't really matter whether 'reboot' is present as a third line or not because the device is incapable of booting anyway.

Thanks again. The knowledge you have is incredible.

or it has partial flash damage.
    I think it's the most likely

This is the new text to use:
    Code:
    It doesn't really matter whether 'reboot' is present as a third line or not because the device is incapable of booting anyway.
    Using the new code:

It stays hanging with a green line. After half an hour I turn it off and remove the memory.
    Spoiler: green line

Microsd data:

14.bin with 0KB
    Spoiler: 14.bin

Update.log content, again with error.

Spoiler: update.log

Unfortunately it keeps failing

Chances of recovery are now almost nil, it almost certainly has damaged flash.

One last effort is to attempt erasure of region 41. It can hardly make it worse even if it kills it entirely. If you want to try it, replace the text command in update.txt file with this:
    Code:
    If it either fails with error, or succeeds but the device still doesn't boot fully, then it's a write-off and only good for parts. It's technically possible to replace and reprogram the flash chip but that requires special equipment and skills so not worth it for such an old cheap device.

Unfortunately it still gives the same error, when executing the ergn,41 command it gives an error.
    We will proceed to retire the Nuvi 1200!
    Thank you very much Butters for your help during all these days and your great knowledge. I have learned a lot of new things during this time.

Have a great 2024 and thank you for everything.