Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    iGO Enthusiast Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?
    Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatcher View Post
    Have others been able to find a solution? ...I cannot imagine there is (or was) not a LOAD of people with the same question.
    Not so far. No interest. It has to be mass widespread to have a real need for that

Besides, Atlas V-TMC capability is software based ... How is it controlled on the 40 Plus? ...Would the Navigon-software run on a "pure" WinCE device?
    Driver and firmware (OS) combination deliver data to the software.
    Yes, the Navigon can run on a standard WinCE device, but no one (ok, most) wants to bother with that (limited features)

In regards to PortSplitter... is it used to get the GPS-functionality of the SiRF Atlas V or the SiGe SE4150L (dedicated GPS-chip)? And what is the second GPS-chip doing anyway?..
    PortSplitter is dedicated to SirfAtlas only.
    SiGe SE4150L is RF receiver, "which improves sensitivity and interference resistance for GPS products...".
    “...SE4150L GPS receiver IC, we worked closely with SiRF Technology to ensure that the SE4150L would interface seamlessly with the integrated GPS baseband of the SiRFatlas and SiRFprima SoC family
    The SE4150L combined with the SiRFprima SoC offers superior performance and high resistance to jamming and co-located interference in challenging environments, such as mobile internet devices, connected PNDs and other GPS enhanced multifunction systems on which the SiRFprima SoC excels...
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

2.    Advertissements

Master

Would the Navigon-software run on a "pure" WinCE device? It works on WinCE-Medion GoPALs btw!...
    I read along, a little amused
    Yes, there was Navigon and GoPal crack for WinCE / PNA
    Many in DE use Navigon including POIWarner also China device, and an engl. PNA-Device (7") even supported TMC - until iGO came along and solved everything better, while Navigon said goodbye to POIWarner.

I wouldn't bother myself with a Navigon PNA today Some time ago I threw an HP 2750 in the electrical scrap because nobody in the online shop wanted to pay a lot for it.

nevertheless good luck and success with the undead
    ---
    ex calipoint say: my Knowledge of today is what I read yesterday 🧐😉

Na, I'm done. Pretty much got all the answers.

And thank you for you elaborating!

Yeah, back then there simply weren't ENOUGH people having this problem for others to try and find a solution. Same old story.

Besides, it's possible to use Navigon AND iGO8 on the 40 Plus and have TMC when you really need it (e.a. long trips).

And then there a sooo many cheap devices around with better options from the get go. But I got the Navigon for free and it's always sweet to explore a piece of old (but still functional) hardware!

The only thing I still wonder, the description of the 40 Plus said something about Bluetooth-functionality. Can this at least be somehow turned on/off?

Master

AFAIK BT is only for connection with a Telefon. I don't remember exactly, my last Navigon (? N72 with version 8?) was loooong long ago

Note: IIMO the PortSplitter, largely developed by @navger by navifriends, was a tool that temporarily forwards GPS signals to several apps. As standard, only one app could ever access the GPS port under WinCE.
    Last edited by rondoan; 22nd September 2020 at 10:20 AM.
    ---

Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?Navigon 40 Plus - TMC under iGO8?

...And then there a sooo many cheap devices around with better options from the get go. But I got the Navigon for free and it's always sweet to explore a piece of old (but still functional) hardware!
    NO
    Navigon works only on WinCE6 and majority on 800x480. Devices must also be quite powerful, so that,...
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Master

??? i think the Navigon 4 and 5 was still PDA with WinMobile ? Navigon 6 with WinCE5, first Navigon 7 need WinCE6 - right !??

and the N40 (4,7"/5") has 480x272.
    Last edited by rondoan; 22nd September 2020 at 10:38 AM.
    ---

Yes, but today...The comment referred to navigon software and a bunch of Chinese devices
    Latest navigon software is only with such requirements
    And I can't find even version 7 to download...

Master

OT
    Quote Originally Posted by Boki_Srb View Post
    And I can't find even version 7 to download...
    yes ; gulliboard, navifriends and other with *free* navi-App; all dead
    and I deleted everything a long time ago, only Automapa on my PC, and good for WinCE. Let us let the dead rest
    [/OT]
    ---

pls copy link am stuck at that logo igo or mio pocket I don't know where to add folder with IGO inside....navigon 40 premium I put that files from post on sd card after that I try to change paths etc I dont understand ....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mio pocket is something else and has no place in this section.