Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tarun_kabra View Post
    Can we use this latest img file with "Map my India (MMI)" also or is it only for Satguide?

Regards
    i am not sure i understand--

recommend you merge many india maps with gmaptool--
    or two maps in main memory's garmin directory--renamed gmapprom.img and gmapsupp.img---and one on the garmin directorey of you sd card-renamed gmapsupp.img

-of the three maps -- only the one with the highest priority will display on top-
    other maps will display under it but you can't see them---until you deselect the one displaying on top.

2.    Advertissements

Member +

vincent,

does that means that the garmin device will only use one map at a time for routing depending on which one is checked in the maps list on the device?

so is it correct to say that there is no point putting a garmin and mmi india map onto a garmin device as it will only use one or the other not both? i was thinking that if i add both maps, then it will use the data from both maps to show me more areas/roads/poi. what do you think?

Ballebar

If you have all of "SatGuide ONE INDIA, April 2010", "MapmyIndia v4.01" & "City Navigator India NT 2010.20" installed it will show and use the map with the highest priority for that area on your GPS screen. If they have the same priority it depends on how the device loads the maps in a sequence and it may vary.
    One can have multiple maps for the same area and choose to disable/enable the ones in the settings depending what's best for the occasion or the narrow smaller region.

Priority 24: "SatGuide ONE INDIA, April 2010" & "MapmyIndia v4.01"
    Priority 30: "City Navigator India NT 2010.20"

Member +

the priority rating is for the whole map or is it by town/area? for example, whoever has the more detailed map for a town, has a higher rating for that area?

so it will use garmin for a given area, but if there is an area/town/city which garmin does not have a detailed map but the other one does, will the garmin gps automatically use the map that has more detailed roads? or is it strictly by priority?

one more question, i thought i could only add two maps to the garmin, one on the device and one on the SD card, but you gave an example of adding all three on the gps, how can i do that on my nuvi200w?
    Last edited by bahama99; 6th October 2010 at 06:10 PM.

Ballebar

You will have to enable/disable manually since the GPS unit is not aware of what you describes as more details, only the priority of the map.
    Map drawing is only prioritized first by map priority (highest) and then by mapID (lowest). The device doesn't calculate what map has most details and give that map some preferred drawing priority.

I'm not acquainted with the map capabilities of a nüvi 200W. Normally the GarminDevice.xml gives some clues about map paths and names.
    Most units can have "gmapbmap.img" (basemap), "gmapprom.img" (primary pre-installed map), "gmapsupp.img" (supplementary map), "gmapoem.img" (normally OEM POIs), "gmapprom1.img" (secondary pre-installed map) and "gmapsup2.img" (secondary supplemental map).
    It's also possible to merge IMG map files with GMapTool into one IMG file.

Read more in the threads provided here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - might give an indication of similar capabilities for a nüvi 200W
    Last edited by Ballebar; 7th October 2010 at 12:44 AM.

Member +

by more details, i meant missing roads, highways etc...

moloyt

how do i change the map priority?

Important User OneIndia Satguide  INDIA STREET MAP 628 Cities Map update 28April10 -Garmin
    OneIndia Satguide  INDIA STREET MAP 628 Cities Map update 28April10 -GarminOneIndia Satguide  INDIA STREET MAP 628 Cities Map update 28April10 -GarminOneIndia Satguide  INDIA STREET MAP 628 Cities Map update 28April10 -GarminOneIndia Satguide  INDIA STREET MAP 628 Cities Map update 28April10 -GarminOneIndia Satguide  INDIA STREET MAP 628 Cities Map update 28April10 -GarminOneIndia Satguide  INDIA STREET MAP 628 Cities Map update 28April10 -GarminOneIndia Satguide  INDIA STREET MAP 628 Cities Map update 28April10 -Garmin

Quote Originally Posted by moloyt View Post
    how do i change the map priority?
    you can do it with GMapTool
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

What does you guys recommend? SatGuide or MapMyIndia v6.0.

Could one of the mods repost the DL link please?

The two above are not working.

Many thanks.