Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

I also have a Kia Rio and the navigation is Automap

2.    Advertissements

Got a TomTom 60S in my ride, need nothing else.

I'm using an 7' WinCE tablet + iGO Primo in my camper and it's the best option for me. Sometimes I simultaneously compare Garmin and iGO on the same route and in most cases iGO is better.

My experience is still, that a dedicated external navigation gps is better as the build in device. For example, the Garmin based in Nissan is just aweful. I don't know why, but it routes much worse that the stand alone gps unit from Garmin.
    Last edited by Boki; 14th May 2024 at 09:07 PM. Reason: approved

I use IGO basarsoft in the car and lately I've been using a mobile phone with google maps at the same time for comparison
    Last edited by Boki; 18th May 2024 at 08:14 PM. Reason: approved

Quote Originally Posted by ConiKost View Post
    My experience is still, that a dedicated external navigation gps is better as the build in device. For example, the Garmin based in Nissan is just aweful. I don't know why, but it routes much worse that the stand alone gps unit from Garmin.
    It depends on what you consider better. An AIO solution has many advantages but many more disadvantages. In our a 2014 Mazda it has a small Nav screen running the infotainment and more. We have no real place to mount a GPS or the cell phone as we use heavier cases.

Our old Garmin Nuvi (it's been so long I can't remember the model anymore) hasn't been used since before covid. I've always wanted to somehow strap (on) a tablet running Google Maps onto the Nav screen but we haven't found a way to do so without obstructing the screen view. I'm not even sure it would be legal. AA/ACP is too expensive and not justifiable considering the small OEM screen size.