Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]

i am thinking to buy used Nuvi 2595LM europe which have lifetime maps. but if previous owner already make garmin account and updated this device, can i update it with my account? on garmin site i found:

Your nüMaps Lifetime subscription or other lifetime map subscription may not be transferred to another person or another Garmin product.

so if device have lifetime maps, would i be able to update it to newest maps with my acc, aldough device is probably connected to another account, first owners, which is not available. his son is selling device, father is too old to remember.

if i cant do online map update, can i update maps with maps from this forum?

thanks.

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]
    Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by tinkoivan View Post
    so if device have lifetime maps, would i be able to update it to newest maps with my acc,..
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkoivan View Post
    ..if i cant do online map update, can i update maps with maps from this forum?
    Not from this Forum.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Important User Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]
    Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]Used device and LT updates [SOLVED]

Your nüMaps Lifetime subscription or other lifetime map subscription may not be transferred to another person or another Garmin product.
    Garmin doesn't generally actively enforce the first stipulation provided there is no suggestion the device has changed hands illegally. It does however make no exceptions to the second stipulation unless it's replacing a faulty device under warranty or service exchange policy in which case the replacement device will be programmed to received the original's map entitlement..

Quote Originally Posted by Boki_Srb View Post
    No.

Not from this Forum.
    Then i will find garmin maps some where else. Thanks.

@tinkoivan
    There's no need to load "unofficial" unlocked maps to it. It has an LM entitlement for EU and as i said Garmin doesn't enforce the first stipulation usually and that's even if the original owner hasn't removed the registration in his name. In fact if you load the device to GarminExpress but skip the part where you register it, you can update maps for it's lifetime. Just don't complete the registration, leave that page blank/unchecked and click 'Next' to proceed, unless the previous owner first removes his registration:
    Spoiler: Image
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

so tehnically it can work update without registration?

Yes. Registration is optional, just as it states on that screenshot. It will still be offered it's LM entitlement and other available updates after you click 'Next'.

It works that way.. i did factory reset and 16Gb sd card class 10 and connect to Garmin express, offer me update software and cards, about 8Gb.
    Last cards installed were 2017, dont know why are separated:

CN Europe NT south and
    CN Europe NT north..

Thanks.

@tinkoivan
    There's two EU IMG maps because all of Western EU is now quite larger than 4 Gibibytes in one file, hence it's split between North and South for some years. So it's due to many Garmin devices using FAT32 which has a file size limit of 4 GiB minus 1 byte. Some older devices are even further restricted by the FAT16 limit of 2 Gib - 1 byte.