Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Important User Zumo 590/595 Boot Logo
    Zumo 590/595 Boot LogoZumo 590/595 Boot Logo

@bert smith
    That's great you've worked it out yourself. Replacing images in logos isn't too difficult with the right tools and like most tasks when done once it's easier ongoing.

@osiris
    Not as imperative to have a copy of it because region 16 is not unique to each device like nonvol region 41 or 154, the nonvol being rewritten to update it on each boot and "device specific" as you know. It's simply best to dump 16 before messing with flashing a different file. Then if you flash something incompatible you can flash back the original, or image modified original as he has. The worst that can happen with the wrong data in region 16 is that the device will boot without proper logo splash screen display and possibly, depending on series/type as a basic device without premium features. Think 1xxx for example, many different OEM logo BINs that enable/disable features such as LA, VCJ, SL, and even TTS in some. Therefore flashing the senior logo can enable everything even in the 'povo-pack' 1300, except BT of course. However in many other devices there's no such capability to turn firmware features off and on using rgn16. Other series which used 'crippled' logos were nuvi 2x5/W and 7x0.

NB: This thread can be marked as 'SOLVED' as any similar queries can be easily addressed by reference to the threads linked in earlier posts here.

2.    Advertissements

Hi! I have a Zumo 590 upgraded to 595, and I want to put the HD logo on boot, but I don't know how to make the "*.bin" image!
    Could you tell me how you did it, or forward the file to me with directions?

Thanks

Yes, no problem. You need a clean MicroSD card. Extract the attached zip file to it. After extraction to the card, the root directory should contain 16.bin (the logo file) and the Garmin folder only. Ensure the Zumo 595 is fully off, and insert the microSD card, then turn the Zumo on. [if battery is not well-charged, connect to a charging source not PC USB port and it will turn itself on]. 'Loader' should appear on the screen then it will reboot once it's finishing copying and flashing and you should see the HD start-up logo.

Credit to those who detailed the procedure, especially leading to Neil's post here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Note that what I've sent is only to place the HD logo on a Zumo 590 with 595 firmware, HW ID 2436, and must not be used on any other device! I accept no responsiblity for this going wrong, and it's done at your own risk! (I'm sure it will be fine though - I've done several now with no problems at all!)

Let me know how you get on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Boki; 21st August 2021 at 09:27 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote

Hello.
    I apologize for the delay, but the pandemic caused several problems, including problems with a repair on my ZUMO 590/595.

I followed all the directions and it worked.
    I thank. It was very kind of you to share your time.
    Again, thank you.
    Last edited by Boki; 11th June 2022 at 11:31 AM. Reason: approved