Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master

Default New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras

The attached zip file contains speedCam.txt format files for fixed speed cameras, red light cameras, bus lane cameras, railway crossings and town entry points for all of New Zealand.

New_Zealand_k1w1_123_Fixed_2022.09
    Active speed cameras from the NZ Police website. Includes every fixed camera operational in NZ at the file date (including those inside the Waterview tunnels).
    Locations are effective i.e the middle of the road directly opposite the camera, and directional information is included. Keep in mind all NZ fixed cameras can capture your speed in both directions.

New_Zealand_k1w1_123_Red_Light_2022.09
    Active red light cameras from the NZ Police website. Includes every red light camera in New Zealand operational at the file date.
    Locations are effective i.e. the centre of the intersection, and the direction(s) of travel which they cover. The actual camera can be positioned up to 40 metres from the intersection. Cameras isted as Red Light and Speed Cameras (type 11) are capable of measuring speed but it is unclear whether this capability is presently being used

New_Zealand_k1w1_123_Railway_Crossings_2021.09
    Compiled from a Kiwirail document with locations checked/corrected using Bing Satellite maps

New_Zealand_k1w1_123_Bus_Lane_2022.11
    Locations are taken from Auckland City press releases and newspaper reports from other centres so may not be complete.
    Locations are effective i.e the middle of the road directly opposite the camera, and directional information is included.

New_Zealand_HERE_Town_Entry_Points_2019.Q4
    Locations extracted from the 2019 Q4 HERE .spc file by @isis4osiris. These are generally main road entry points only.

If you use these files, delete all other New Zealand Speedcam.txt and Speedcam.spc files, otherwise you will get duplicate and false alarms. The TomTom School Zones.SPC file should be retained if you find it useful.

Information was compiled with the help of Google street view, Google satellite view and the excellent Spudigo programme developed by @djeman. You can also use this tool to visualise the speed cameras on a map.

Special thanks to @isis4osiris for providing decoded versions of the .spc files, without which this would not have been possible.

If you want to suggest any additions, deletions or corrections, please feel free to comment on this thread. PM me for broken links
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by k1w1_123; 30th January 2023 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Updated Files attached

2.    Advertissements

Important User New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras
    New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane CamerasNew Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane CamerasNew Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane CamerasNew Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras

I've decoded the latest New Zealand .spc for those who wants to edit or merged it with other databases to remove duplicates
    Spoiler: .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 24th April 2020 at 04:26 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Important User New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras
    New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane CamerasNew Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane CamerasNew Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane CamerasNew Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras

This is TomTom decoded.
    Spoiler: .

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 24th April 2020 at 04:48 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

How does one use this text file? Does it get merged with a file already in the gps or do you just add the the text file to the content speedcam directory?

Master

Yes, add the text file to the content/speedcam folder. Delete the spdb file from the same folder; when you next start iGO a new spdb will be created automatically and it will include the new information from the text file.

Master

OP updated with latest information

MODERATOR New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras
    New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras

@k1w1_123
    X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION
    174.68507,-36.61327,11,50,1,125, ATR035 Millwater Pkwy Eastbound X Hibiscus Coast Hwy
    174.69793,-36.72688,11,50,1,135, ATR002 Dairy Flat Hwy (Albany Exp) Southbound X Oteha Valley Rd

X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION,
    174.68507,-36.61327,11,50,1,125, ATR035 Millwater Pkwy Eastbound X Hibiscus Coast Hwy
    174.69793,-36.72688,11,50,1,135, ATR002 Dairy Flat Hwy (Albany Exp) Southbound X Oteha Valley Rd

when commenting, the speedcam.txt file must contain a comma after DIRECTION (DIRECTION,)

What additional entries can speedcam.txt
    Signature, point comments ................
    Last edited by Andrey Form; 30th January 2023 at 01:27 PM.
    gps5

©AF_2020-24

Master

@Andrey Form

These files DO contain a comma after DIRECTION wherever there are comments...
    Attached Images Attached Images

MODERATOR New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras
    New Zealand Speed, Red Light and Bus Lane Cameras

@k1w1_123
    Yes, this was the reason for my letter, I found that on many forums they make the same mistake, they put a comma in the lines and I can’t know who will be the first to make such records, but they were definitely not made for iGO. Since program iGO does not read comments. And so, we are talking about the fact that you can write comments, of course, but you need to follow the order of reading by the program iGO to speedcam.txt.
    The header is read first X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION
    Then the lines are read 174.68507,-36.61327,11,50,1,125
    If you put a comma in a line, then there should be a comma in the header
    174.68507,-36.61327,11,50,1,125,

If you do not follow the rules, then your file is doomed and loses direction.
    Your file, if you want to leave comments, should look like this
    Last edited by Andrey Form; 31st January 2023 at 07:27 AM.
    gps5

©AF_2020-24

Master

@Andrey Form

My files were made using the Spudigo program V2.7 posted on this forum by you. It is most definitely made for iGO - the clue is in the name of the program.

The comments are purely to help me reconcile my files with the police databases I get the raw data from and are not intended to be displayed on the navigation screen. I added the comments using Spudigo, mostly because it has the option to do so, but also it saves me keeping the police codes and location data on a separate file. The files presented in my OP were generated by Spudigo from my input data as below.

I don't understand why you think it necessary to put a comma after the word DIRECTION in the header. Spudigo does not do it and I of course tested my files on multiple devices, WinCE & Android, before uploading them. On all devices I tried they work perfectly without the comma you believe is necessary.

If you don't believe me come to New Zealand and try, I'll be happy to buy you a beer.