Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    iGO Enthusiast Arabic text showing in strange characters  igO PRIMO Basar 9.6.29.329069
    Arabic text showing in strange characters  igO PRIMO Basar 9.6.29.329069Arabic text showing in strange characters  igO PRIMO Basar 9.6.29.329069Arabic text showing in strange characters  igO PRIMO Basar 9.6.29.329069Arabic text showing in strange characters  igO PRIMO Basar 9.6.29.329069Arabic text showing in strange characters  igO PRIMO Basar 9.6.29.329069Arabic text showing in strange characters  igO PRIMO Basar 9.6.29.329069Arabic text showing in strange characters  igO PRIMO Basar 9.6.29.329069

Hmmm, this are fonts for Primo. Never tested under Nextgen. Read topic from beginning.
    I think you need a different language file, also your device adjusted.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

2.    Advertissements

Default Arabic Fonts

In order to have a well-functioning Arabic language navigation screen, you need:

1/ A file: Lang_Arabic.zip compatible with the version of iGO (Primo or NextGen) with an up-to-date Dictionary.lang. (Unfortunately I don't have an updated nextgen file. )

2/ Activate the Arabic language in: Menu \ Settings \ Regional \ Language .

3/ Have Fonts that recognize the Arabic language. in .ttf format

I have compiled several Arabic fonts for you that I have tested OK:

Spoiler: Hide
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Spoiler: Pics
    Arabic Fonts

These fonts to put in iGO_XXX \ ui_nextgen \ fonts (if the fonts folder doesn't exist you have to create it).

At the sys.txt level you have to add
    Spoiler: Sys.txt
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

xxx: is the exact name of the font you want to display on the navigation screen.

Solve problems (this is valid for all languages)

- No words are displayed in Arabic: File Lang_Arabic.zip not adequate (iGO primo or Nextgen), The fonts do not recognize the Arabic language or corrupted.

- Some Words are displayed correctly and others are not displayed they're in English: Incomplete translation, the file Lang_Arabic.zip needs to be updated.

- Some Words are displayed correctly and others are partially displayed in Arabic but one or two letters are missing or replaced by a square: the font file is incomplete and needs to be corrected.

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by LouBouha; 25th December 2021 at 01:50 PM.
    GPS: TomTom ONE

Smartphone: THL T11 Android 4.2.2 Resolution 720x1280
    Sygic 14.3.4 IGO Primo 9.6.29.636868 Skins : Doupas V9.0h , Dimka/Frontzosd giphy

Thank you so much LouBouha for your time

I found these lines in sys.txt

[fonts]
    default="Noto Sans CJK SC, Regular"
    defaultbd="Noto Sans CJK SC, Bold"
    defaultit="Noto Sans CJK SC, Thin"

also thest files in ui_nextgen/font

NotoSansCJKsc-Regular.otf
    NotoSansCJKsc-Bold.otf
    NotoSansCJKsc-Thin.otf

because I am not expert enough in sys.txt syntax I tried to rename my files to same names(NotoSansCJKsc) and replace it with old one
    But the application failed to start

I think we almost there if you please explain 3 more things

1- why font names in sys.txt are witting with spaces between them ("Noto Sans CJK SC, Regular") and if i put the whole names including extension well that be acceptable for example (xxxxxxx.ttf)

2- is ttf font format acceptable or I should convert them to otf

3 -do I need to add other font files for English language as well to switch between them

Upload me your sys.txt and I'll make the changes. It's already missing:
    Spoiler: sys.txt
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

Before answering you ... I propose ... a ready to use functional and detailed solution ... why don't you apply it ...?

1/
    xxx: is the exact name of the font you want to display on the navigation screen.
    2/ The format of the fonts must be in .ttf and my friend iet8 says it well.
    Dear logsog ,
    Arabic lang worked perfect after i have changed the file with different ttf files(inside font foleder), Tank you for your help also thank s for friend Boki_Srb.
    3/ Some fonts contain Latin (for English) and Arabic characters such as Tahoma, alarabiya... there are not many of them.

After verification it seems that the Fonts: NotoSansCJKsc in .ttf format does not recognize the Arabic language.

I advise you to put the fonts I put online in the indicated folder and use the sys.txt that I'll modify to do the Test.

Regards
    GPS: TomTom ONE

Smartphone: THL T11 Android 4.2.2 Resolution 720x1280
    Sygic 14.3.4 IGO Primo 9.6.29.636868 Skins : Doupas V9.0h , Dimka/Frontzosd giphy

Finally, After several attempts, the application worked successfully... in order to do so, I did the following:

1 Delete the fonts section from the sys.txt
    2 copied some Arabic files to the ui_nextgen/font folder in addition to the files that were previously there
    3 Add the line (font="ui_nextgen\fonts) to the Folders section of the sys.txt

In this case, I think that the application itself chooses the appropriate font, whether Arabic or English

It was not so easy because I needed to go to my car and go back again several times for test

Thank you so much brother LouBouha without your guidance I would not have this result. I appreciate your effort with me and wish you happy times.