Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    iGO Enthusiast TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.
    TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.

Quote Originally Posted by vesijunu View Post
    ...So, giving that the SW_TMC\protocol is set to 1, the .dll and licences are present, iGO sees the antenna,
    what other I have to do for the TMC to work?
    You need to find proper dll file.
    Here is attached all I have
    Spoiler: attach

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

dll files and licenses

You also need good, proven version of Primo. You are using KIA, I hope it is minimal clean packages dedicated for your device's resolution, from this forum.
    If works, then try to add skins.

And, of course, all of this if your device really have TMC receiver.
    Open it and see with your eyes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by Boki; 4th May 2018 at 07:15 AM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

2.    Advertissements

Dear Friends,

thanks again to all for your kindness to help me. I tried all the solutions but the problems still exists. With one single change (more on later).

---> luiscarlosrio, interesting fact, I also have the same mortscript, but now I've also added:
    Notify = RegRead("HKLM", "Drivers\BuiltIn\SW_TMC", "RadioEnable"
    that was missing. But the problem is still not solved. I have the same results.

---> costas3850, I think this is the central question! TMC_scan gives me error, like if I had no TMC receiver! But in effect, I have, and with the original software, I receive traffic information.
    So, the question is:
    1) I have SW_TMC protocol=1 (and now also RadioEnable=1).
    2) I have a TMC receiver that works, because with the original software (with protocol=0), I receive traffic informations.
    3) I have all the .dll and licenses (thanks Boki_Srb for all files).
    4) iGO runs very well on routing, being the TMC the only problem
    Is it possible that the TMC (but with protocol=0) works ONLY with the original software? Is it really impossible for my 6970LM to have the TMC with iGO?

---> Boki_Srb, thanks for all the other files and .dll. I don't know if I've have a KIA kit, but I also have other versions, and I tested all the solutions with other versions, too. Same results: iGO runs well, but not the TMC!

By the way, I can now add another information, because something has happened.

1) with the nnghal.dll appears in my menu the voice "FM transmitter", with a check box (but not working)
    2) I added in sys:
    [tmc-http]
    enabled=1
    start=1
    servers.size=1
    servers[2].url="http://zippy.naviextras.com/services/tmclite/data/nng-igo-tmc-primo/0/"
    dt_dl_0=120.0
    dl_dist_0_km=500.0
    3) I used tmc_fix, entering a fixed station, Station Frequency=87.5MHz

and something happened: the Traffic Summary, indicates "Scanning: 102.5 MHz". But always no events. And this happens only using a "fixed station" option on tmc_fix and adding the voice [tmc-http].

By the way, I think the problem is not in iGO, but in the device, in some registry entry and so on, because the TMC_scan never give me frequencies. Or crashes (stucks) or give me no reply. But the TMC antenna and the device work well with the original software (with protocol=0, of course).

So, what other could I try for having the TMC also with iGO? Thanks for your patience!
    Last edited by vesijunu; 4th May 2018 at 10:05 PM.

Vesijunu

I have Primo 2.01 and 2.4 with TMC.
    I have no TMC related dlls inside Primo. I think the dll to control the TMC receiver is inside Windows CE or inside the original navigator files. Note in the figure the file MGLTMCDrv.dll (Magellan TMC drive.dll).

Spoiler: screenshots
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So, all You have to do is modify the Windows CE registry, in order to activate the TMC receiver before running Primo.
    To do this you use Morscript, with the correct script.
    Note that "protocol=1" is different from "protocol, 1"
    The registry must be modified "before" running Primo.

nnghal.dll is not related to TMC. It is related to FM transmitter. FM transmitter make the sound of the gps be heard in car radio.
    The line TMC http in sys.txt is not related to Radio FM TMC. It is related to TMC by internet.

Good Luck!
    Spoiler: screenshots

Last edited by luizcarlosrio; 5th May 2018 at 12:37 PM.

TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.TMC problems for iGO Primo on Mio 6970LM.

Nice.
    Only:
    Mgxxx.dll files are related to Magellan devices. Not useful with others.
    And definitely, at Magellan, shell runs tmc, not iGO.
    Last edited by Boki; 5th May 2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Boki_Srb

I said I Think TMC driver is inside the WinCE or original navigator.
    I am not sure.
    The only thing I am sure is that my iGo Primo do not have TMC related dll inside then.
    In one of my 3 Magellans, I deleted all the original navigator files (shell and dlls included) and Primo TMC continues to work well.

Regards

Sorry for my poor english.
    Last edited by luizcarlosrio; 5th May 2018 at 01:08 PM.

I am sure Tmc is controlled by OS driver.

regards to you too

Dear friends,

I think that the problem could be about some special setting of this specific model of Mio Spirit. If this is true, may be we could open a dedicated thread, if we will find a solution for the TMC to work. Let's see what I've discovered.

Let's forget for a moment about Primo, because I think the problem is not Primo, but the 6970LM.

I made a hard reset, put "protocol, 0" and so I started with the original settings of Spirit.

- I started the original software.
    - I connected the TMC receiver.
    - I waited for the TMC to work.
    - I received some Traffic event.
    - Then I started TMC_scan.

In this case, I would expect that TMC_scan works and give me some FM signal and so on. But no! It gave me the warning "Unable to access COM1!".

So, also referring to posts #6 and #10, I'm not able to receive FM frequencies. TMC_scan or crashes, or give me errors, and by the way the Spirit receive frequencies (also different frequencies), ONLY with the original software.

So, I take a look in the registry (HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\SW_TMC), and I se I have:

- Protocol > 00000000 (or 00000001, when I want to use other softwares)
    - dll > "A5_SW_TMC"

This line, as I read, refers to the proprietary .dll used by the original Mio software (it is in "windows\A5_SW_TMC.dll").

I have no other models of Spirit, but may be this model works just (or only) with this .dll? Or may be that others iGO .dll must refer to this .dll as well?

By the way, if we solve the enigma of why the TMC_scan crashes or gives errors, we will find the solution! What do you think about?

I remembered something
    For Mio goes some extra stuff in Primo folder. Add them in proper places /insert settings in sys
    Spoiler: attached

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Credit to JOYTURK-X
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, Boki_Srb,

I have some little news, but TMC is not working yet!

As I told, I was able (with tmc_fix utility and adding tmc_station list in save folder) to have the Traffic Summary on Scanning 102,5MHz. And I had this only by adding in sys some voice about [tmc-http]. Today, I've seen another interesting fact: the tuner changed from 102,5MHz to 87,6MHz and 87,7MHz, but always without indicating traffic events. And I think is not important, because the scanning happens also without antenna!

It's like the TMC antenna is recognized, but I'm not able to receive tmc events! And TMC_Scan again doesn't work, giving the following errors:
    - Unable to connect to port 1 (when iGO is running)
    - No reply from module (when directly I run TMC_Scan)

I've seen in the original device, in the file My Flash Disk\Program Files\Navman\SmartST_CE\Userdata\device_settings.ini something that I think could be interesting:

Spoiler: device_settings.ini

[default]
    gps port open=true
    gps port=COM8
    gps baud rate=57600
    gps default protocol is nmea=true
    gps sirfbinary protocol=false
    gps sirfbinary baud rate=57600
    gps protocol switch=false
    tmc port open=true
    tmc port=COM1
    tmc baud rate=14400
    tmc duplex mode=true
    tmc gns module=false
    tmc command timeout=100
    tmc command retry=3
    one2one port open=false
    one2one port=1
    one2one baud rate=115200
    fm transmitter available=false

Now, about the line "tmc gns module=false", has something related with the messages?
    And in sys I've the voice internal_tmc_name="gnsport" and I wonder if I must change in "gns".

By the way I think that:
    - we can see that the TMC antenna is recognized
    - licenses are all available
    - I need in sys the [tmc-http] settings (but why is it important and which are the correct parameters?)
    - I receive frequencies scanning but...
    - I don't receive tmc messages.

It seems like the problem is in the messages not received, and not in the setting for the scanning.

Concluding:
    TMC_Scan doesn't found and FM station, so I can't receive messages.
    Is it a matter of settings or what other?
    Is this model of Spirit that need some other setting? Don't forget that also for the SD Card to be recognized, this model needs a script!

I think there is the only one question:
    How can the spirit 6970LM Truck receive RDS signal, that we can verify by TMC_Scan?

This is the big problem!

What happens when you run TMC.exe I attached directly, and before start iGO? It should give you activation and configuration of TMC, and info if it is really presented at all and what type is it.
    And after that try to scan.
    Last edited by Boki; 8th May 2018 at 09:25 AM.