Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ztid View Post
    can someone repost all the files for VR needed for English (and maybe spanish too)?
    Links are down.
    thank you
    Look here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Post #84

I thought it was working completely, but it isn't. I know I had a working version before my computer crashed. It was the "free_text_vr.zip" that I uploaded. But the "vr.zip" file was different. Maybe with some help we can get it working again in iGO Gift version. But than I need some new links with files from first post.
    The VR folders I have attached and the Voices too. So I only need the correct vr.zip file and maybe an extra addon for ux folder for correctly working VR
    Last edited by Kajoe; 12th April 2018 at 05:56 PM.
    My posts:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

full

Here is a complete Dutch VR pack for iGO_Nextgen. Tested and working.
    Unzip files and put the files inside the folders in the same folders on your phone. Overwrite the persisting files and VR Dutch works.

Thanks to modemakias with his great tutorial and help. Look here for instructions for all languages: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] post #90 "How you can edit and fix the translation in your VR files."

Maybe someone can make a sticky tutorial VR guide for it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    My posts:

Dear all,
    Thank you for your support.
    I need some help to make VR work.
    I have a Galaxy S7 with android v7.0
    With all the help one can gather across many threads and posts here and there in the forum I managed to install and make work this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I'm keeping all as published in referenced thread. I just added maps, building, lang, phoneme, poi and voice.

Also with the help of the forum I managed to make work TTS. I'm a long time iGO GPS user and this is the first time I tried and managed to install and use TTS.
    For that purpose I added in content/voice the file ve_pipeline_spe_monica_22_full_vssq5f22.hdr (yes, spanish configuration).
    And in tts_nua_ve1 I added common and spe folders with files:
    /tts_nua_ve1/common/speech/components/lid.dat and synth_med_fxd_bet3f22.dat
    /tts_nua_ve1/spe/speech/components/clc_spe_cfg3.dat clc_spe_monica_cfg3.dat synth_monica_full_vssq5_f22.dat synth_monica_full_vssq5_f22_pmk.dat uselect_monica_full.dat
    /tts_nua_ve1/spe/speech/ve/ve_pipeline_spe_monica_22_full_vssq5f22.hdr
    With this configuration I can follow 'monica' directions with SamsungTTS and GoogleTTS.
    I tried and managed to install VocalizerEx and I like it more, but it gives some spell errors, like it was reading strange symbols from time to time. So I kept with SamsungTTS, that works well, even a little 'machinish'

For the last days I read a lot trying to make VR working.
    Keeping my system as it is now, just contents and TTS added, no skin, no change in ux, I can see the VR microphone greyed out in the interface. If I touch it it throws a message: "please select hebrew tts voice profile from the regional setting menu for enabling the VR option".
    I added 040a_freetextlua.vfb (it's got some errors I will try to fix if a manage to make it work) under /content/vr
    and also _ESP_040a_SPE.vf1 under /content/vr_vde
    with no success.
    After reading this thread I understood that my vanilla version was probably blocked to Hebrew language and tried Kajoe (thank you) modified ux: free_text_vr.zip and vr.zip.
    But with no success. After adding them (and removing original version already in Gift), VR microphone disappeared from interface.

I tried to give maximum details so you can help me to make VR work.
    Thank you all

Thank you @marx for your answer and for files you shared.
    I think that gpsandmore_vr.zip is the same version I already had with 'stock' Gift. I already had autolocate entry in Voice recogniti9on menu.

Indeed some progress.
    I have now VR microphone active.
    iGO asks me in some foreign language to tell a word (I tried short phrases but they are not recognized)
    and then a menu is showed with lines with result of search about the word I told.

Really basic functionality.
    Of course some useful progress. I would like to translate to Spanish what iGO asks.
    And be able to say basic commands.
    How can I make additional progress?

Try this file by place it in "content/vr" folder
    [spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boyzth; 18th June 2018 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Link edited.

Hi boyzth,
    I'm sorry I cannot get the file.

Try again. I'm sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Knauss View Post
    Hi boyzth,
    I'm sorry I cannot get the file.
    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Thank you boyzth,
    I now managed to download.
    Seems to be the Hebrew vfb file.
    Do you suggest to put it in content/vr folder?, without changing anything else?, with 'original' Gift version ux files for vr.zip and free_text_vr.zip?
    Will this overcome the "please select hebrew tts voice profile from the regional setting menu for enabling the VR option" error when I touch the VR microphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Knauss View Post
    Thank you boyzth,
    I now managed to download.
    Seems to be the Hebrew vfb file.
    Do you suggest to put it in content/vr folder?, without changing anything else?, with 'original' Gift version ux files for vr.zip and free_text_vr.zip?
    Will this overcome the "please select hebrew tts voice profile from the regional setting menu for enabling the VR option" error when I touch the VR microphone?
    Hello... Knauss
    what you mean "foreign language" ?? normally should be have Spanish...

first for all need to make some settings on your device... about TTS and VR...

1.set your device in your local language... Spanish
    2.install the tts engine that's you like, with all necessary files...
    and check from settings menu if you have a test sound...
    3.set the google VR for your language (make it primary) ... and make some test on the google search...

after that and if you have success, go to iGO and put the folders (vr + vr_vde) in the path --> iGO_xxx/content

open the "commands.lua" file with notepad++ and you will see the commands .... also check if is correct the translation...
    sorry the file from @boyzth is hebrew

here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Spoiler: view
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by modemakias; 17th June 2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by modemakias View Post
    Hello... Knauss
    what you mean "foreign language" ?? normally should be have Spanish...
    And it was Spanish.
    But as TTS engine was reading some text in English, probably in some of the ux I substituted, it sounded as a foreign language...

first for all need to make some settings on your device... about TTS and VR...

1.set your device in your local language... Spanish
    2.install the tts engine that's you like, with all necessary files...
    and check from settings menu if you have a test sound...
    3.set the google VR for your language (make it primary) ... and make some test on the google search...
    I'm sorry, I now see that I explained it bad.
    TTS is correctly installed and working OK, in iGO and other apps.
    Folder structure is as you comment, with vr and vr_vde folders inside iGO_Gift/content.

In fact, as I commented before, after substituting stock ux files gpsandmore_vr.zip, vr.zip and free_text_vr.zip provided by marx, I manage to get some basic VR function.
    I may now activate VR and say a word that iGO searches for in favourites and places.

I don't have notepad++ but Kate (I'm in Linux Debian).
    I suppose I may modify the file 'commands.lua' in Kate.
    Where is this file supposed to be afterwards?, inside '040a_freetextlua.vfb'?
    May I directly substitute it inside '040a_freetextlua.vfb'?, I remember [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] where you said some rules for compression were needed.

sorry the file from @boyzth is hebrew
    Yes, I suspected that.

Thank you for your help!, I will try your suggestions, even I'm not sure where to put 'commands.lua' file.

On second thoughts, there's already a 'commands.lua' inside the '040a_freetextlua.vfb' I'm using...
    I will go and check if version you provide is better translated than the one I'm using.
    Hope to report how it did go soon!

Edit:
    I compared files you linked to those uploaded by Kajoe, and they look quite similar...
    Aren't them the same files?. I'm referring to free_text_vr.zip and vr.zip ux files...
    Because VR did not work with them, just after using that of marx.
    But I may of course try them again.

Edit2:
    And now my smartphone is asking me to upgrade to Oreo...
    After reading that it made things go bad to other users, I will refrain to update for now...
    Last edited by Knauss; 17th June 2018 at 11:13 PM.