Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 122
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hhmmm, I have 24 unlocked topo's and CN maps, and they all function correctly. So no Great Britain, but thanks for the reply's.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    FWIW - Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

    I sucessfully(ish) installed most of this mapset into MapSource using GMapTool 0.5.5 and unlocked with Garmin Unlocker.
    Ignore all errors in both programs.
    In MapSource I see the usual vector map to street level without topo detail and at least now have the option to select a smaller area to send to my Garmin Dakota where I can view the vector and raster maps.
    Once installed into Mapsource I can now view the entire country in 50K raster format in all its glory with BaseCamp.
    Last edited by scubadoo; 23rd September 2010 at 02:45 AM.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liege
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It works on a Dakota 20.
    But it doesn't work on an Oregon 450 (latest firmware 3.80). I'm 100% the generated UNL file is correct.
    I read somewhere about a new security method Garmin is using for new maps and that devices with recent firmwares are checking on this. Something about a certificate file (.gma I think) you also need for recent maps
    Could this be the reason?

    I used Jetmouse 1.5 with checksum check fix.

  5. #34
    Important User Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50K - Full Coverage (2.00)
    Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50K - Full Coverage (2.00)
    Ballebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Off the Grid ...
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    974

    Default

    @redcap_be

    As already written above:
    "MapID < 2200 and no need for tricks with unlocker to circumvent GMA protection."

    It works 100% with 25-char unlock code if one uses the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Check your 25-char code with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Last edited by Ballebar; 23rd September 2010 at 09:39 AM.

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liege
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok I'll doublecheck this evening.
    thanks

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redcap_be View Post
    It works on a Dakota 20.
    But it doesn't work on an Oregon 450 (latest firmware 3.80). I'm 100% the generated UNL file is correct.
    I read somewhere about a new security method Garmin is using for new maps and that devices with recent firmwares are checking on this. Something about a certificate file (.gma I think) you also need for recent maps
    Could this be the reason?

    I used Jetmouse 1.5 with checksum check fix.
    I have the same problem with Dakota 20 software 3.30 (can't unlock map).

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liege
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @demontazor: here it work perfect, also on Dakota 20 software 3.30 .
    @Ballebar: it works also on Oregon 450 software 3.80 (latest). I forgot to paste one character of the GPS unit ID in Jetmouse.
    Thanks!

  9. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks I have it working on 550T by getting unit code from Basecamp then putting that in jetmouse to generate unlock code using FID= 2043 . Then put unlock code in UNL file with map on SDcard and bingo. Great site thanks for all the info I have gleaned to get to this stage. I am now going to see if I can combine this with city navigator maps.
    Note:I have tried all mentioned ways to get SD card ID but failed at every attempt. I have another laptop to have a try this afternoon.

    Ocicat

  10. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    China
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Interestingly I also had a lot of problems unlocking this map. When I used the JetMouse on a Win7 (secured by Kaspersky) each calculated key failed. The same JetMouse program which has been transferred earlier from a XP PC to the Win7 PC using an USB memory stick produced correct keys on the XP PC itself.
    After doing a file compare there was a mismatch by just one single byte in the exe file, no idea why this could have happened.

    However, checking the resulting code by the KeyChecker is a brilliant time saving idea!

  11. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OK follow up to my previous post. I have been unsuccessful in all ways to read my SD card ID's via PC/laptop. However using Catymag's info on my NUVI 1490T I have been able to find the serial of my two cards, and using this in JetMouse I unlocked both cards for GB Discoverer without any hassle, and can see OS1:50,000 maps in both my 62S and 550T. The cards are interchangeable between the two units without issue.
    I'll add my thanks now I'm here :-)
    Ocicat

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •