Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What would be the risks of modifying the original SD card contents? It came with the "lock" switch on, and I really don't want to end up with a "dead" unit. Maybe exploring all the options using a copy would be the safest ?
    I'll try to find a way to get the SD Card ID using one of Neil's suggestions.
    Thanks to all, I REALLY appreciate all your help and suggestions, and am willing to explore all of them

If modifying the original card's content is safe, would it be easier to have a new version of the map and then change it so that its name, unlock code and everything is the same as the factory installed one, and just replace that img file, leaving the unl and everything else intact?

2.    Advertissements

Important User SD Authentication
    SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

The .unl depends on .img FID so old one not only is useless ,but it would give a false information to your device, same for the .gma. So with a different map ,and especially if it's unlocked ,it must be removed.
    Check if the map is unlocked , if not ,unlock it and replace the old one after having backupped it along .unl and .gma in your pc.
    If sd ask for a pass try to add the sw.unl for the sd ID ,I've read in the net it works in Honda units, it's similar to unlock GMXT
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Ok, So I got a hold of an Android device and got the CID of the SD Card (The new copy, not the factory installed one): 02544d5341303247029c00692a0085e4
    I then converted it to decimal: 129315234252085820000
    But that's too many digits to enter in the Garmin Unlock (it only takes 10)

Am I doing something wrong? I'm attaching the info I got from the SD Card

Spoiler: image
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Important User SD Authentication
    SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

CID is 02544d534130324702 9c00692a 0085e4
    The part in the middle is the serial :9c00692a
    Serial is ID 9c00692a
    You can see it directly on picture as serial :0x9c00692a
    change to dec ,ID should be:

On Andoid use File Explorer and browse to:
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:xxxx
    CID is in mmc1:xxxx
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by diegoand View Post
    Hello spijun. The img file I'm copying is already unlocked, its called: Garmin Mexico NT 2013.20 Unlocked IMG, and it doesn't have any lock code when checking in GMapTool. Would it be unlocked differently using the tool you mention? Thanks for your help
    Maybe this will help
    Watch this video tutorials and try to find the serial number of the card:

Enjoy life

Well, I couldn't make the unit to work with a SD card different than the factory installed one (I tried all the suggestions here, but couldn't make it work), so I finally decided to take the lock switch off on the original factory card and add an unlocked map as gmapsupp.img, as well as some vehicle images. It worked!!! I'm now using a 2013.2 map and have some different vehicles to select.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate all of your help and suggestions. I learned that this forum has some real smart and helpful people, as well as learned a lot from the Garmin system, thanks to you!

PS: Does anyone know where I can get a voice file (.vpm) that is in latin american spanish? (Or Mexican Spanish) The one that comes with the card is in Spain Spanish and is a little annoying.

Thank you VERY MUCH!! :D

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. SD Authentication

... Does anyone know where I can get a voice file (.vpm) that is in latin american spanish? (Or Mexican Spanish) The one that comes with the card is in Spain Spanish and is a little annoying.......
    Does your satnav support TTS voices, i.e. does it speak street names 'turn left on Smith Street' or just say 'turn left' ?

EDIT: If it does do TTS, try these: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Extract with 7-Zip and you will have Paulina & Javier vpn files.
    Last edited by Neil; 15th October 2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Add link.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hello Neil. It only says turn left or right

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. SD Authentication

This is a non-TTS voice from a Nuvi 40. Not sure if it's compatible with your satnav. If anything weird happens after you add it to the Voice folder delete it off the sd and it should be OK.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert SD Authentication
    SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

Hello Giomen. What do you mean? Deleting all img files from the SD? And not leaving any img file on it?

These are the map files that are in the garmin folder:
    gmapbmap.img, gmapprom.img, Gmapprom.unl & gmaptz.img

Should I remove all of them and see what happens?
    You can leave only gmapbmap.img & gmaptz.img on not-original SD. If password was required anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by catymag
    If sd ask for a pass try to add the sw.unl for the sd ID ,I've read in the net it works in Honda units, it's similar to unlock GMXT
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?