Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Important User How to change the Nuvi 37xx splash screen (startup/USB logo)
    How to change the Nuvi 37xx splash screen (startup/USB logo)How to change the Nuvi 37xx splash screen (startup/USB logo)

We should be able to use the simpler "SD method" to flash region 16 anyway, then there will be no need to use Updater.exe to flash an RGN file in preboot.

First let's check some things however. An aera device's settings allows you to choose from a selection of images to display during the second phase of boot. It will display the usual Garmin logo first and then switch to a custom image when usually it displays the Garmin logo both times. The second image can be changed using its tools menu. In Automotive Mode, on "Where To?/View Map" screen press Tools then Picture Viewer to see if the second image is shown in the selection. If it is then select it and press the "I" (information) symbol then uncheck the box next to "Display at power on?". That isn't the case in Aviation Mode. No splash image is displayed during boot unless the aera's in Automotive mode.

If that's not the problem and someone has loaded a custom image to display during boot in Auto mode then we can change it back in region 16. I'm happy to help you with that should you need it but first please report back confirming you have it in Automotive mode and there hasn't been an image loaded via Picture Viewer.

2.    Advertissements

@Butters:
    This is The First Screen :
    Spoiler: big pics
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This is the Automotive Mode Screen :
    attachment.php?attachmentid=133193&d=1694512108

This is the Picture Viewer in Automotive Mode:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=133194&d=1694512108

Right now, in Automotive Mode, via "Picture Viewer", I can not found the image that shown up in splash screen.

What Should I Do then.

Thank you

Spoiler: more pics

@Butters:
    I already check In Automotive Mode. Yes indeed, allows me to choose from selection of images to display during second phase of boot, by selected image from "Picture Viewer", select it, "Information" then Check "Display at power on?".

But In the selection I cannot find any image file that shown up in Splash Screen. That is why i can not uncheck "Display at power on".

What should I do next.

Much appreciated for your help.
    Last edited by Magnetron; 12th September 2023 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Bad editing and not following the posting rules.

How to change the Nuvi 37xx splash screen (startup/USB logo)How to change the Nuvi 37xx splash screen (startup/USB logo)

I need to check what exactly is in your aera's region 16 which controls the logo splash screen display. Behind the spoiler below is a ZIP file, extract it directly to a clean, empty SD card formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 only. After extraction, there will then be a root folder named "Garmin" with some sub-folders in the SD. Ensure the aera is in Automotive Mode then turn it completely OFF (not in standby). When you're sure the device is off, insert the SD then proceed as per the further instructions behind the spoiler:
    Spoiler: Click
    • Power on the device. If the battery is lower than about 75%, connect it to a suitable 5V power source (not to a computer USB data socket) which will power it on.
    • After a few seconds or so, "Loader" or similar wording will appear on the device's screen, wait for it to finish flashing which is indicated by the aera booting normally.
    • Check the contents of the SD card, in the root alongside the Garmin folder should be 2 new files named 16.bin and 41.bin.
    • 41.bin is a copy of your device's non-volatile memory so keep it in a safe place in case you need to restore should the nv region become corrupted in the future.

16.bin is the file i need to examine before we go further so please post a copy of it along with the newly-created file named update.log from the 1063 sub-folder.

@Butters:
    Thank you for your guidance, here attached 16.bin file and update.log from 1603 folder.

Waiting for your next assistance. Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gungasur; 13th September 2023 at 04:03 AM.

There seems to be considerable differences between your 16.bin and the one usually flashed to the aera 500 devices marketed in US/EU/AU etc. countries.

Those changes are not only limited to the splash screen images.

It probably will not hurt to simply flash the Western logo file to it however it would be quite safe to simply change the current 2 images from the current "MARKUS BESAR ...etc." to "GARMIN" in your 16.bin file and flash it back. Either process is quite straight-forward so just post to say which you'd prefer to do and i'll make the appropriate SD flash kit for you.

@Butters:

I just prefered it back to original Garmin Logo Splash Screen. Thank you so much

Ok, i'm not quite sure if you mean you'd prefer to flash the standard Western (US/EU) logo or to flash your current logo modded with the standard Garmin image. As they only take a minute each to make, i've prepared both SD Kits for you to choose. Proceed as before using a clean card to extract your preferred kit observing the relevant precautions.

By going ahead, you understand that any risk is entirely yours, however changing region 16 is rarely problematic and worst result is no splash screen shows or a corrupt image displays during booting. Ultimately you can always flash back the original logo file should there be any glitches booting up with either the original US or modified ID file so i've also included a kit if you ever want to return to your present logo data:
    Spoiler: 3xFlash Kits

@Butters:
    Awesome, good results. I've been tried using us logo and garmin splash id logo also, all results are good.
    Much appreciated for your best efforts to supported me.

Wondering I can learn from you to creating SD kit with other image logo.

Once again thank you very much.
    Warm tropical regards from Indonesia.
    Last edited by Boki; 13th September 2023 at 05:54 PM. Reason: approved

@Gungasur
    The basic method for modding 16.bin using GIR_Editor is explained in this thread's initial post about nuvi 37xx. The same basic procedure is used regardless of the Garmin model, provided the original file type and picture size is respected with regard to the replacement image (e.g. in aera 500 it's BMP format, 480x212x16 Pixels) then you can put anything you like in either the first or second image of the BIN file:
    Spoiler: Image

You can have two different images display on your aera splash screen if you want, one during the first stage of boot up and another in the second stage.

The initial post explains how to flash region 16 using RGN_Tool etc., however it's much easier to use the SD method as you'd now realize because that doesn't involve making RGN files and putting the device into preboot mode to flash with Updater.exe. You can learn more about making SD kits for logo flashing in the thread i linked in Post #2 above, and more generally read about SD flashing in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Note that to re-use a flash kit you must first remove last_id.bin from the HWID folder (e.g. for your aera that's the 1063 folder). That bin file is created when the flash is initiated and then if it's present later a subsequent flash won't be initiated by the device.

@Butters:

Execellence, What a great explanation and guidance for me. Much Appreciated for your best efforts.
    Once Again Thank You Very Much @Butters.