Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tool dezl 760 Essential Files required

I have formatted my Garmin dezl 760LMT, I thought I had backup on a flash-drive quite a while ago, but cannot find it anymore. Could someone please upload the files so I could download and load it to my device? much appreciated!!

2.    Advertissements

Important User dezl 760 Essential Files required
    dezl 760 Essential Files requireddezl 760 Essential Files required

@ceciyuen
    Connecting the device to your PC and updating it with GarminExpress will result in many files being offered however you won't get a basemap and will need to replace it in the .System folder manually, named only as gmapbmap.img so look here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

If after updating you notice that some files are still missing, post again. I have a US/EU firmware nuvi 2797 which is essentially the same as dezl 760/RV 760/Camper 760 and uses many of the same files.

@Butters, thanks for your response. the thing is I formatted my device (using RMPrepUSB) without double checking if my old backup still available. unfortunately I cannot find the backup in every USB flash-drive I have, it might be hiding somewhere or I already lost it. GarminExpress now is not recognizing my device as there is nothing running on the device. I could only access to my device via so-called mass storage mode (i.e. as USB storage). Thus I thought of someone here might have a copy of the backup for the same device, so I could copy it to mine. or there is another way to fix it?

When the device first was fully booted following the re-format it should have self-created a Garmin folder and within that a file named GarminDevice.xml so check that they're present. If the device hasn't done that, then make a Garmin folder manually and try re-booting it to see if it then creates the XML as it should. GarminExpress only recognises devices in Mass Storage Mode and additionally only those with a valid GarminDevice.xml file in the Garmin root folder.

Manually adding additional files and folders (other than the Garmin folder) will only help once the device has it's own valid GarminDevice.xml, not an XML from a different device even of the exact same model. So best to get the device recognized by GarminExpress in the first instance.

there was no garmin folder, I just created one and restarted it - no luck, the folder is still empty.

@atomantmk, please do. at least we could try unless there is alternative way to restore. Thanks!

I have full backup of dezl 760, if you want or need I can upload for you?

This is the link, at least you could try your luck!

Spoiler: dezl 760 Full Backup
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    NBT EVO Apple CarPlay Full Screen, Navigation, Video in Motion, CP, SSH, full FSC Pack
    EntryNav EVO Apple CarPlay, CP, SSH, full FSC Pack
    BMW FSC Retrofit CIC/NBT/EVO and FSC for Maps
    8HP ISN Reset F Series Remote
    Remote VAG Navigation Update, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
    Programming and Coding

@ceciyuen
    Before connecting to GarminExpress with atomantik's files on-board, check the Unit ID number in the GarminDevice.xml is yours and not his. Look for this 10 numeral reference near the start of the XML file: <Id>387xxxxxxx</Id>, and substitute the UID from your device if they don't match. The device should overwrite the XML anyway if it successfully boots fully but if GE detects it with his UID it will update with his LT mapping which may not be your entitlement. You can get the UID from G7ToWin in preboot or from the device itself (if it boots fully) from the hidden menu behind the battery symbol on main Where To?/View Map screen. They're the same processes used for confirming your HWID: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

@atomantmk
    Best remove the XML and any other identifying files from Mega or better still replace with anonymized files without your UID. Otherwise they can be used by others to clone your device.

It's removed, I have forgotten that this can be used by other people...

Sent from my Lenovo L78051 using Tapatalk
    NBT EVO Apple CarPlay Full Screen, Navigation, Video in Motion, CP, SSH, full FSC Pack
    EntryNav EVO Apple CarPlay, CP, SSH, full FSC Pack
    BMW FSC Retrofit CIC/NBT/EVO and FSC for Maps
    8HP ISN Reset F Series Remote
    Remote VAG Navigation Update, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
    Programming and Coding

VIP Master dezl 760 Essential Files required
    dezl 760 Essential Files requireddezl 760 Essential Files requireddezl 760 Essential Files required

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Check your PM's
    Last edited by Boki; 10th May 2022 at 06:47 AM. Reason: removed excessive quote

Thanks guys for uploading the files. I managed to download it to my device (except folder "help" - it seems taking long time download. I just created a empty help folder). I also copied the garmindevice.xml Garman_nuvi provided.
    I powered on the device but it just went to garmin screen and then shutdown, seems not loading the OS. I guess I need to modify the garmindevice.xml? but I don't have the UID as I cannot get to the preboot mode.