Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

@NikonM

4. Also try this file with 0 meters!

Spoiler: ++
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Prepare backup files carefully, so as not to get confused!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by kwbs; 22nd September 2021 at 06:59 AM.

2.    Advertissements

Quote Originally Posted by kwbs View Post
    @NikonM

3. Attach here your reached_your_destination zip file. I want to check something.
    My zip file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.

@NikonM

I did not find any problem with your zip file.

What are the results for these?

1. Attached my reached_your_destination zip file. Try the process as above with it.

2. Did not succeed? Test it without SAVE folder.

4. Also try this file with 0 meters!

After all the above tests:
    It is always 70 meters prior to reaching Destination
    And if that keeps happening to you with this be seen to you:
    It seems to me that the 70 meters destination message is another "setting"
    What happens if you remove the reached_your_destination zip file from the UX folder?
    Last edited by kwbs; 24th September 2021 at 07:20 AM.

@kwbs I first uninstalled and reinstalled iGO Luna nextgen (with skin by Pongo) app
    I tried both zips by deleting (or not) the contents of the save folder. Unfortunately no success in any case.
    It’s a bit weird. With both zip files (0 & 50 meters) I can only chose 50 meters as minimum distance but the destination announcement starts at 100 meters.

Spoiler: screenshot

Which file (inside the zip) are you modifying? What exactly are you modifying? What editor are you using?
    Last edited by NikonM; 24th September 2021 at 12:57 PM.

Well...
    I'm on PAL with PONGO and you're on LUNA with PONGO.
    I admit, I have no experience if Pongo Skin is the same in all its components on both PAL and LUNA. My tests on LUNA is with default skin.

@NikonM
    I highly recommend that you'll answer everything you are asked to check and in an orderly and consistent manner,
    like the 2nd/bottom blue question above.

I think that if we have not yet heard (or we won't hear) from other users about the same problem as yours, I'me not sure but, still suspect, that you are probably repeating the same constant error. This is the reason why I asked you at the very beginning, to upload all your process in screenshots.
    The "repeated error" is not an accusation It happens to all of us, sometimes.

After we'll eliminate all the above, you will of course get this too
    Which file (inside the zip) are you modifying? What exactly are you modifying? What editor are you using?
    And maybe, you'll even get a more correct answer, from those who are better than me.

Master

The announcement "You have reached your destination in 70 meters" comes from the app itself. The announcement has nothing to do with the "reached_your_destination.zip".
    In addition, the voice says to me about 20 meters in advance "You have reached your destination"
    In my opinion, that's enough

Quote Originally Posted by kwbs View Post
    @NikonM
    What happens if you remove the reached_your_destination zip file from the UX folder?
    @kwbs If I remove it I can’t see the option “Action on arrival at destination” in Cockpit menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Golom View Post
    The announcement "You have reached your destination in 70 meters" comes from the app itself. The announcement has nothing to do with the "reached_your_destination.zip".
    In addition, the voice says to me about 20 meters in advance "You have reached your destination"
    In my opinion, that's enough
    @Both Let me clarify it a bit more. After deleting the reached_your_destination zip file I have the same behavior. So Golom might be right about the correlation between the zip file and the "you have reached your destination" announcement.
    Without the zip file IGO keeps saying
    “You arrive at your destination after 300 meters…You arrive at your destination after 250 meters… ...150 meters.” And this is normal.
    My problem is that the “You have reached your destination” announcement starts when I am 70 to 100 (not 20) meters far away from the destination. It’s too far for me and getting more complicated while I am inside my car, trying to have a visual contact with the unknown destination point and a free parking space near it.
    Last edited by NikonM; 24th September 2021 at 05:00 PM.

If I remove it I can not see the option "Action on arrival at destination" in Cockpit menu.
    Obviously this will be the case but, I still do not understand, if after you've removed the zip file and apart from the normal that:
    You arrive at your destination after 300 meters…You arrive at your destination after 250 meters… ...150 meters
    Do you still get any message when you are 70 to 100 meters from the destination?

Last request on my part: Please do a test with "Children Left Alert" and check how far from arrival at destination it appears to you.

Spoiler: Children Left Alert
    Last edited by kwbs; 25th September 2021 at 08:37 AM.

After digging deep into zip files, I think that I managed to understand a bit more about iGO announcements.

The announcement “You have reached your destination" is registered in config_database.lua file (iGO_Luna\content\voice folder - inside <chosen voice>.zip) as:
    L"YOU_HAVE_REACHED_YOUR_DESTINATION-E ",
    It is road and distance-dependent. I think also speed dependent. Not so sure about the last one.
    For sure I hear it 200 meters before destination, while driving on highways and 70 meters before destination while using iGO on normal streets.
    I suppose that this is determined under rangefun section (in config_condfun.lua file - same folder and voice zip file) and there is no 10 meters option.
    I tried to change the relevant announcement distances in this section but the app was crashing. There might be more things to change.

So as a solution:
    • I changed the announcement to: L"YOU_ARRIVE_AT_YOUR_DESTINATION-E " (Not REACHED…).
    • I clicked in cockpit settings -> Action on arrival at destination -> Children Left Alert -> Distance to destination - 10meters (If I chose 0 meters then the alert is not audible. I might have to manipulate more things in the files)
    • I changed (in language files) the Children left alert to “You have reached your destination”.

With this way I hear the below:
    At 200 or 70 meters before destination: ”You arrive at your destination” (iGO destination announcement)
    At 10 meters before destination: “You have reached your destination” (UX utility)

If the announcements will be so close together, that by the time the 200/70m announcement is done talking, the 10m announcement will go off, I will try to delete the first announcement (from the config_database.lua file) as it is useless to me. Anywise there is always or most of the time a “ You arrive at your destination after 300… 200… meters” announcement prior the above two.

Waiting for any other hint or proposal.
    Last edited by NikonM; 26th September 2021 at 05:19 AM.

Master

Try Bokis universal TTS
    Replace the dictionary.voice with yours