Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member + TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original)TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original)TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original) bruxco's Avatar

It may have been a specific error ... I'll keep testing

2.    Advertissements

When I test any GPS app I always see how it reacts to a mistake.

As of yet this Original TomTom NDS has always correct my mistake and got me back on track.

On the other hand when I force the issue to stay where I want to go a different way it then also picks up and recalculates the route.
    Never had a crash with TomTom.

But I only have one GPS app on any of my test phones.
    I do not load up my phones with 3 or 4 GPS apps.
    Remember they are all active in memory.

For those doing a drive I would first turn off any and all GPS app except the one you are using at the time.
    Go to your phone settings under Apps.
    Then pick the GPS apps that you are not using and "Force Stop"

Also check that you do not have and Music app playing at the same time that can cause problems with GPS app sometimes.

Users need to trouble shoot what apps does what and why when it comes to that app crashing.
    Last edited by asprin624; 27th April 2021 at 02:29 PM.

Master TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original)TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original) iozsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asprin624 View Post
    Also check that you do not have and Music app playing at the same time that can cause problems with GPS app sometimes.
    Today's navigation apps are very hungry for RAM, if you don't have a device with enough of those it won't run smoothly or it will crash. But if you have at least 4 GB RAM, you can use the unit as music player, dash cam and navigation like i do. I use TT, Sygic or iGO Luna together with Daily Roads Voyager and Power Amp Music Player without any issue.
    16148698166 b7889eaa35

This info was directed at users who have problems.
    Not users like yourself that do not run into problems.
    I have never had any problems no matter what phone I use or GPS app.
    But I do not load my smartphones up with every GPS I can get my hand on.
    Can only use one GPS app at a time anyway.
    Plus I have enough smartphones to test the different GPS app that are out here.
    But stick to only 2 that I test all the time.
    That being Sygic and TomTom have no need to have other ones.
    But those users who do want to have more than one GPS app cool along with all the different music app.

It is the 1% that have all types of problems with GPS apps and phones crashing all the time.

Look at the Google store comments when it comes to any GPS app.

When you look at all the Android 5 and 6 smartphones still in use.
    Like you said the GPS apps use a lot of memory.
    A lot of these phones do not have enough ram to support these newer GPS apps.

I think somewhere down the line even Android version up to 7 will be dropped maybe even Android 8.
    Last edited by asprin624; 27th April 2021 at 07:54 PM.

Administrator TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original)

Both my Phone and TabA have 2GB RAM 32GB Internal + 32GB in SD, I run 2 apps Oziexplorer and NDS while on the road going Bush, when near Site NDS is turned off and a Geological App is turned on "Trilobite Solutions" , I use Ozi to log tracks from home to site and hand held GPS "early Etrex" and Trilobite on my phone while wondering around swinging the Detector, both devices will get me back to the car if needed, also carry a UHF Radio. Map storage for the 2 apps "ozi-tril" have 19GB they are stored on SD, I have no problems installing NDS and using the 2 apps.
    Like you said others use there phone like a PC and have everything on them, it's a wonder the phones crash, I paid $349 for phone and $499 for the Tab, If I break the phone the Sim goes in the Tab, What is on the SD card is the same for each, soon as I walk out the door the Phone is offline " Data is turned off" as i use a prepaid system and the phone is for phone calls only.
    So yes others have problems. Thxs for the help too.
    Can't see a link/attachment? Don't post asking why. Just 'Like' the post & hit F5:
    THE LIKE BUTTON IS NOW IN THE BOTTOM LEFT-hand CORNER - If you can't see the like button, then you're an Inactive Member
    Posts serving no purpose like thanks or to ask about links go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or are deleted, it's GPS Power policy.

Master TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original)TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original) iozsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asprin624 View Post
    When you look at all the Android 5 and 6 smartphones still in use.
    Like you said the GPS apps use a lot of memory.
    A lot of these phones do not have enough ram to support these newer GPS apps.
    You're right. There are many users that still hang on to very old phones or, like some time ago a truck driver came to me with a very old device witch he bought it with 10 $ and he wanted to have on it the best GPS software navigation. I ask him how much money he make with truck driving and if he think that the GPS is some how not important enough to invest a little more in it. He make money using gps to guide him to an address... Also there are many users that not have official software on their phones and from my experience this causes a lot of problems. Android is....android
    16148698166 b7889eaa35

Member + TomTom NDS v.2.9.7 Google Play (original)

Question:
    This version have TTS voices ?

Side loading can be a problem for those wants safety first only use Google Play Store. Untouched versions with the proper Hash are OK.

@Mauritsz,

That works if you live in South America and can download it direct to the phone.
    Or get VPN and login as you where in South America.
    There is no access to it here in EU.
    So it has to be side loaded.
    Last edited by asprin624; 10th May 2021 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apascu View Post
    Question:
    This version have TTS voices ?
    I see you're from Romania in your profile. No, it doesn't have TTS in your language but you have a version in the link below with TTS witch work with VocalizerVoices thanks to NicuT:

Spoiler: DOWNLOAD

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by iozsi; 30th April 2021 at 02:09 PM.
    16148698166 b7889eaa35