Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vms 700hdx

Default Vms 700hdx

I have a VMS 700HDX. It runs igo for the street navigation part, the maps installed with it are locked to the SD Card it came with.

I've swapped SD Cards and was trying to install a copy of igo that wasn't locked to the device.

Currently it's in a folder called drive and the executable is renamed drive.exe.

Any copy of igo I install except for the original one crash before botting saying it can't find function drive.map.

I have completely deleted everything in the drive folder and just installed igo and made sure there was no sys.txt or save folder in the copies I had installed and only had the basemap installed.

Given that the file is named drive.exe did I need to fix namw that anywhere else? Or is there something else I need to do? Is it possible that it can't run another version than the version that is installed?

Any help is appreciated.

2.    Advertissements

can you upload navigation content without maps?
    the program is in internal memory or on sdcard?
    do some prentscreen of the content
    Last edited by madagascar; 1st December 2020 at 10:56 AM.

iGO Enthusiast Vms 700hdx
    Vms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdx

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

An interesting device. Uses two software?
    Spoiler: judging by choice:

700HDX e5a7fadf 5cae 4abf b1fe 0929a2ee415f?v=1586174366

Spoiler: this is iGO

front 700 hdx street 5e8e4f97 877a 441a b7f5 4fa30ef5b8db?v=1404951963

Spoiler: this is NOT iGO

700 hdx offroad ef75ae3a 4f8c 45d6 a9f8 2ba52fe64da4?v=1586174366

So things are not that simple.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

But from what the link says if the device is locked then there is nothing I can do?
    I installed one of the versions of igo linked in that post but not with maintaining existing folder structure.
    I'll recopy the igo from my original SD Card and try again.

There is a core OS on the device itself that has some settings and it allows you whether to pick Offroad or Street mode.

The applications that load then are stored on an SD Card.

The offroad mode loads either OziExplorer or there own vms.exe GPS depending on the settings under the GPS link in the top right.

The Street mode loads igo from SDMMC\Drive\drive.exe

Swap sd card, then create folder drive, rename igo.exe to drive.exe .
    So you will have:
    Sdcard/Drive/place here the main program of igo like folders content,licence......and drive.exe which is the renamed igo.exe .
    Delete folder save from igo and run.

If this not help you then, swap sd card and keep the all the content from original sd card.
    Copy now the folders of igo into the path:
    Sdcard/Drive/copy here the folders of igo program such as content,licence....etc rename original drive.exe file to drive1.exe and rename file igo.exe to drive.exe.
    In this case do not delete original content of drive program!!!

Best solution is, find and open inside in device the path...of drive.exe and change to sdcard/igo/igo.exe

Thanks. I tried the first method.

I haven't tried it with the original SD Card. VMS want me to send the old SD Card back to reload all the offroad maps as its crashing but I was hoping to get a replacement SD Card while they it is away. Also eventually the map updates will stop.

I think it's a firmware issue.

I deleted the "drive" folder. I renamed the Offroad GPS program folder to "drive" Then I renamed the Offroad GPS program to "drive.exe". But when I tapped on Street it crashed too even though it runs fine if I rename it back and run it from Offroad.

Possibly the "Street" button does something else besides running SDMMC\Drive\drive.exe. It doesn't looked like it is signed any particular way.

Also there doesn't seem to be anyway to access the Operating System on it to verify what it's doing.

Thanks for the help.

If you connect gps device to pc via port cable you will see sdcard also you will see the content of your gps device.
    If you see then you cansearch file and then modify the path of what you want to do.....

But you have not make test of second method....
    1.copy original sd card as it is in PC.
    2. Take a new sd card empty one and copy from your PC what you have copied before.
    3. Copy then, inside folder drive,whatever called, all files of igo.
    4.rename drive.exe or whatever exe to fault.exe.
    5.rename igo.exe to drive.exe or whatever.exe has in original folder sd

I tried method 2. Same crash when opening.

I followed the instructions in the link from that post using both versions of software and had the same error each time.

I tried to load a replacement igo using all three launchers on the device (Stret, Offroad vms, Offroad OziExplorer). Connecting via USB to the device only gives me two files that were not in a readable format. I think a solution would need to come from a more experienced than myself.

Whats on the original card
    Spoiler: image

What I put on the replacement card.
    Spoiler: image

I do not understand,both navigation kits are in flash or sdcard

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

rename the kit you want to replace,in your case ”drive” in ”drive old” same with exe,”Drive exe old”,(do not delete anything),and put this kit next to the old kit.

does not contain map and poi

iGO Enthusiast Vms 700hdx
    Vms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdxVms 700hdx

There is more to it than can be seen
    @grommet
    - you must turn on both the display of hidden and system files in windows. BOTH.
    See if there are any additional files on the root of card itself.
    - there is a small possibility that the device (firmware) is encrypted for a particular software version. Pack the software only, no maps, upload it somewhere and give us a link. Or if you don't want to share it publicly, send it to PM
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.