Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default KML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use it

Hi guys!

I am trying to copy a EDC FUELS custom poi file in KML format onto my Chinese GPS with Android (512 mb RAM). I have noticed that the file is larger than my other KML files that I have in USERDATA folder (The other files are no larger than 500-700kb, but this one I am trying to use is almost 3mb in size!). Everytime I open iGO after I copy that file, the GPS freezes and it won't work again until I delete the KML file.

Is there any way to compress it or to break it into more files to make it usable? I have no experience with this process so any advice or help will be much appreciated!

I attach the mentioned file to this post so that you can check it.

Regards,

Christian
    Attached Files Attached Files

2.    Advertissements

Important User KML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use it
    KML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use itKML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use itKML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use itKML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use it

Try this one
    Spoiler: .

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Thank you very much! Despite the fact that this file is very large as well, it seems to be working absolutely fine. May I please ask how did you fix this? I might have some other files to sort out and I would like to do it myself, without being needed to stress people out on the forum...

Thank you!

Christian

Important User KML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use it
    KML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use itKML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use itKML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use itKML Custom POI file too large, GPS freezes when I use it

This one is the smallest size it can be
    Spoiler: .

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Thank you! I compared the file I had and the file you gave me, and there's definitely a difference in structure, but I was wondering what app, website did you use to change it that way. Doing them all manually will take forever as there are a few thousand POI's to edit...

Thank you!
    Last edited by Boki; 13th March 2020 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote

Master

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] read google-File and create new KML for iGO
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for Windows can multi-line mass change