Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

help Can i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USA

I have a Chinese head unit that came with igo. Is there a way to use garmin truck maps on it? I bought the garmin truck map update for my factory head unit but it was too big for the space on the org.I need truck routes according to my weight and dimensions.

2.    Advertissements

Global Moderator Can i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USA
    Can i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USA

Hi, and welcome to forum.
    It would be nice if you first present yourself here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Then read carefully: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and ESPECIALLY [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

First of all - wrong section - moved.

Answers to your question:

Igo can not use Garmin maps.
    You gave no info at all about your Chinese HU device (OS, ...), also about your "factory" HU.
    Anyway, not possible to have Garmin truck version on your new HU.

First read [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Find program version for you, and then find maps here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
    MB Moon night sky
    Please read: >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<, >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]< and >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<
    Password for all my uploads (if needed): gpspower.net

It depends. If your Chinese unit is android based, than you can potentially install Garmin Street Pilot, but AFAIK truck features are not supported on that version so you won't get much benefit from it. I'm not sure if you know but iGO Primo or some Nextgen versions supports truck routing so you can use it. I think it's the best alternative for native Garmin truck navigation devices..and off course much more cheaper

Sorry, I can see now that Midnight Blues wrote you an answer at the same time
    Last edited by janch; 7th December 2019 at 09:58 AM.

It’s an Android 8.1 . IGO is on it but i cant find anywhere to put in truck info. I just need a good reliable software for North American trucks.
    Last edited by smokeater; 8th December 2019 at 03:08 AM.

iGO Enthusiast Can i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USA
    Can i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USA

Do we really need to pull word by word, information by information? What iGO? What content? etc...
    @Midnight Blues gave you precise instructions and links. READ THEM.
    Start with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues View Post
    ...ESPECIALLY [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    ...[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]...
    I would add more:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    for you to know which files define truck restrictions.

By the way, it would be good for your countrymen to inform you if there is better truck software/content in the USA.
    I guess, just like on the first ball, that it must be TomTom truck, maybe Sygic Truck, Copilot Truck, or maybe some local, less known in other parts of the world. Simple googling give me this:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

More appropriate title given to the topic
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

I'm sorry i bothered you all.I guess I need to understand more before i ask questions.

Yes, You can install Garmin's GPS system. For the best result, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] software.

iGO Enthusiast Can i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USA
    Can i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USACan i install garmin on a chinese head unit? Need truck software in USA

@alexaa - Welcome to Forum.
    Do not share advice on matters that do not even know.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.