Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

nextgen I need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVED

Hi !
    I need help with my Chinese android car radio please !

I have Android 9.0 and IGO NextGen navigator.

- All voices without TTS work well;
    - There is only one voice with TTS that works well: "Japanese_universal_unisex_andTTS-Boki_Srb_v.1.zip"
    - This voice is heard very low: "English-UK_universal_unisex_andTTS-Boki_Srb_v.1.zip"
    - The voice in French, which interests me, is not heard at all: "French_universal_unisex_andTTS-Boki_Srb_v.1.zip"

I think it's very strange ! Have you ever encountered such a thing? What can I do to run a file in French with TTS?

Kind regards !

P.S. I also tried the files "French-Can_universal_unisex_andTTS-Boki_Srb_v.1.0.zip" and "Romanian_universal_unisex_andTTS-Boki_Srb_v.1.zip"
    but they do not work...
    Last edited by Henrib; 18th November 2019 at 03:40 PM.

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast I need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVED
    I need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVED

What version of NG? Some addition? Skin? What engine? Etc...
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Thank you for reply and for help, Borki_Srb,

My device (with Android 9.0) uses for navigation:
    - IGO NextGen
    - Date: Nov 15, 2017
    - Skyn by Pongo
    - Version: 31 January 2018
    - Map: Canada HERE 2019 Q2
    - Navigation software is internal memory
    - My sys file: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm a beginner in this field but I read as much information from the forum to understand how things work.
    I have difficulty identifying which engine is used by my navigator and I thank you for your understanding.

Thank you

P.S. Wow, now, I noticed that you are the author of the files !!!
    Last edited by Henrib; 19th November 2019 at 01:48 AM.

Master

By engine is meant your text to speech output
    Google TTS, Vocalizer?

I need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVEDI need help for TTS voice in french - SOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by Henrib View Post
    ...I have difficulty identifying which engine is used by my navigator and I thank you for your understanding.
    No problem, but - don't leave pics on your GDrive account, no one but you can see them:
    Spoiler: this is how others see your pic

Left under every post editor is P button in blue square, and text right beside: Add image to post
    Use it
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Thank you again for your help !

I think my engine is google TTS but how could I know for sure what the engine is, please?
    I checked in android root directory and I didn't find a folder "Vocalizer" or something like that.

Sorry for the photo from the previous post.

Spoiler: image

Many thanks

TTS engine is part of system. Go to device options. In search box type text-to-speech to find it easier.
    Engines and instructions are in post#2 in topic

Thank you for reply Boki_Srb,

My TTS engine is "Google Text-to-Speech".
    Spoiler: pics

So, my problem is that all voices without TTS work well, it sounds loud and the volume can be adjusted and
    the voices with TTS are heard very slowly and the volume cannot be increased...

I tried a few adjustments:
    Spoiler: pics

Many thanks
    Last edited by Henrib; 19th November 2019 at 05:38 PM.

Standard voices are always lauder.
    For TTS, they are engine dependent only.

Try with Selvy TTS engine. Use only "French-Can_universal_unisex_andTTS-Boki_Srb".

Thanks a lot for your help, Boki_Srb!

Everything works much, much better now !