Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

MIO Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520

Hi everyone...I am a newbie. Please be patient with my ignorance. I have the latest Igo Australian maps and I have an old Mio Digiwalker c520 which I would like to give to my wife for her car. Money is tight otherwise I would have bought one of those cheap Xgody navigators for her from Ebay. Anyway...I did some research and downloaded a freeware program called "Visual GPS" which is meant to allow a Mio unit to use other maps. Am I on the right track? Is there an easier way? Any help would be most appreciated.

2.    Advertissements

Hi stroppy, Visual GPS is full of unnecessary additional apps and other stuff..I wouldn't recommend it on such vintage device
    Here, try this one, but before you do any changes, make sure you do a full backup of your mio flashdisk.

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    PS: It's not my work I just find it in my archive and it looks like good choice as it is simple unlock menu for Mio C520.

Thanks, Janch! I'm relatively new to all this stuff. Being a bit short of money I was hoping to repurpose the Mio unit as I described in my first post. It was a great little device when I bought back in '07 and then Mio, out of the blue, decided to dump Australia. Bad move and it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Oh well...at least we have these workarounds. I will try the software you have linked to and later today will let you know how I fared. Thanks, again, for your kindness...much appreciated by this fat old man!

Oh...one last quick question... So I just paste the Mio unlock software on the SD card and go from there???

Thanking you in anticipation.

GPSPower Helper Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520
    Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520

You can try [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] unlock.
    In sys.txt add :
    [debug]
    ; RAM = 46 MB - Mio C720
    max_memory=48234496
    reserve_memory=6029312
    cache=753664

Quote Originally Posted by stroppy View Post
    Oh...one last quick question... So I just paste the Mio unlock software on the SD card and go from there???

Thanking you in anticipation.
    sorry for late response..Have been busy. No, this is flash disk based unlock. Connect mio on your pc and make full backup of the entire flash disk..than delete all form flash disk and copy back all files and folders from MiDe folder. Restart device and your device should boot into new simple desktop menu.

You can also try @costas3850 solution, he's expert for unlock menus for wince
    Last edited by janch; 13th June 2019 at 07:42 PM.

Thank you Janch and Costas!

How did the unlock go, stroppy? I am tempted to try it on my old Mio

Quote Originally Posted by costas3850 View Post
    You can try [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] unlock....
    Hi Costas Can you pls update link or advise alternative for Flash. Thanks

iGO Enthusiast Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520
    Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520Using Igo software on Mio Digiwalker c520

Link is OK on MEGA hoster.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.