Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

nextgen Black screen after installation

Hello friends,
    I'd like to ask for your advice for the following issue: I have iGO/Pal 9.18.27.719974/skin Pongo, which is installed in the internal memory of the device S160 M802 Double Din SatNav with Android 4.4.4 KitKat.The problem is that ,after installation start configuring the settings. Almost immediately, the screen turns black. This navigation works without any problems on another device..I used another version iGO Primo Nextgen(Israel) and after uninstallation I made a full restart of the device.Now there are left old folders SAVE.Can you please advice how to solve this issue.
    Thanks for your time in advance!

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast Black screen after installation
    Black screen after installationBlack screen after installationBlack screen after installationBlack screen after installationBlack screen after installationBlack screen after installationBlack screen after installation

Hmm, a good device but with a rather outdated version of android. It often happens that in such models some of the functions of the operating system are omitted or specific.
    Delete all files left in device (clean it up from iGO stuff). Then, first try clean versions, without any skin or extra addons. Don't mess with sys. Be sure you have all needed files and minimal setup (global_cfg, one lang/voice, one map).
    Then you can try next
    - try instalation from hard disk
    - try instalation form SD card (doubt, but...)
    - try older version of NG
    Last edited by Boki; 24th March 2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Member + Black screen after installation

For me on KitKat all navi work perfectly. Here can be a memory problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Boki_Srb View Post
    Hmm, a good device but with a rather outdated version of android. It often happens that in such models some of the functions of the operating system are omitted or specific.
    Thanks for the tip. I will try to install another version of Igo Pal.
    Last edited by Boki; 25th March 2019 at 08:06 AM.

Master

NG-Pal Pal 9.18.27.719974 works on many double DIN Navi radio and And. + 4.4. Install a version without extras, even without SAVE folder and TTS voice. At first installation use the original UX order. Only when cockpit and map is displayed, then first use an extended skin of e.g. Pongo, Arimi, Frontzosd etc.
    You can test with my German Basic version (PN), replace Lang and Voice, edit SYS.txt with path to SD Card for Map File

HTH!??

This way, navigation is installed without a problem. Apparently the problem was in the Pongo skin because after installing when I changed the original folder UX with that of Pongo again the screen became black, And when I again return the original folder everything is fine. But there was another problem. I Added Branding zip. Containing photos for different POI categories. The Pictures are displayed on the screen but after restart they disappear, and again the original pictures appear.
    Last edited by Boki; 30th March 2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote