Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Default skin - energized - third option

DEFAULT SKIN - ENERGIZED - THIRD OPTION

Dear friends and navigators...

It has been a long journey but I believe we are finally here

So far on this forum and pretty much everywhere we had only two options to chose from.

- DEFAULT NAVIGATION - missing some cool options, improvements
    - SKIN - With many cool option but also a great deal of graphical changes that many professional drivers found repulsive.

I started this journey this little project to offer THIRD OPTION. Default skin but with some cool options that I find necessary and cool for overall driving experience. So my idea was to create something that is a combination of both worlds. I like to believe that I succeed.
    I was/still am unfortunately limited by my coding knowledge so I had to ask all over for my ideas to make them reality.

THIS IS JUST FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO PREFER SIMPLE, DEFAULT SKIN LIKE GRAPHICS WITH SOME GREAT FEATURES. I DID NOT INVENT ANYTHING NEW, JUST GAVE AN IDEA WHAT WE CAN DO WITH BASIC SKIN. MY POINT WAS TO SHOW THAT WE CAN EDIT/MODIFY DEFAULT SKIN. IT CAN ALSO HAVE SOME GREAT FEATURES LIKE PONGO OR ARIMI BUT WITHOUT BIG GRAPHICAL ALTERATIONS.

I HOPE THIS LITTLE CRUSADE WILL GAIN SOME MOMENTUM AND ATTRACT MORE USERS AND CODERS TO HELP US HAVE THIRD OPTION FOR US WHO PREFER DEFAULT SKIN BUT WITH SOME GREAT OPTIONS. Thank you all

I tested all version of iGO Nextgen and I found that two best (in my opinion) are

- iGO_PAL
    - iGO_AVIC

Also in the text below I will list and document EVERY CHANGE that I did and what benefit we have from it.
    WHY?

- First of all I believe user should be aware of anything that is being done.
    - Some inexperienced users (MYSELF INCLUDED) can learn something from it and maybe in the future produce better versions, better improvements inside default skin.
    - THIRD - This is just for an EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. My intention is not to share illegal software but to teach, support and INSPIRE current users to create something new and maybe IMPROVE OVERALL user experience.
    Last edited by Texas; 25th February 2019 at 11:48 PM.
    NOTICE: By no means I advise installing illegal software nor I support such actions. This is just for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Please use my post in order to understand or learn something new. I am a proud owner of LICENSED NAVIGATION but just to satisfy my curiosity I test, read and research. Sharing illegal material is against the law.

2.    Advertissements

iGO_PAL - DEFAULT SKIN - WITH IMPROVEMENTS

This link is just for educational purposes. Please be aware that sharing illegal software is against the law. I am a proud owner of the legal copy of iGO. This is just to show you what can be done with the default version you bought.

PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE/SELL OR SHARE THIS!!!

Sharing or reposting this is illegall!!!

Spoiler: download

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Why iGO_PAL?
    Well first of all I like its speed and stability. Many experienced members here know that it bears great similarity with iGO_Israel which is mother of all. I have been using iGO_PAL for a long time and it has been tested and proved. It has all modes (truck, bus etc).
    IT SIMPLY WORKS.

I am using this version for some time know and I tested it as well as many drivers all around the world.

- Default NNG Graphics remained the same - IT HAS TO STAY LIKE THAT.

Spoiler: EXPAND
    NO MENU CHANGE

DEFAULT LOOK

- Increased font size
    From the very beginning this was a big issues. Especially for drivers that have some problems with their sight or simply because some devices are too small. It could have been improved with DPI and BASE_DPI settings but not always and not really good. So I did some minor changes inside skin.zip file and within
    params_override.css

Here are the changes:
    Spoiler: CLICK TO EXPAND

fontsize_main: 32;
    fontsize_sec: 26;
    fontsize_sec_twoline: 24;
    fontsize_button: 32;
    fontsize_warning:28;
    fontsize_title: 24;
    fontsize_disttext: 24;
    fontsize_map_msgbx:26;
    fontsize_map_msgbx_sec:24;
    fontsize_travelplanner: 26;
    fontsize_tripcomputer_nextmaneuver:48;
    fontsize_inputfield:28;
    fontsize_clock:30;
    fontsize_countryinfo_sign: 36;
    fontsize_tmcdelay: 28;
    fontsize_noitems:22;
    fontsize_traffic_delay:40;
    fontsize_editspeedcam:40;
    fontsize_tripcomputer:21;
    fontsize_separator_small:18;
    fontsize_routemethod:28;
    fontsize_next_street:30;
    fontsize_itinerarywarnings_sec:18;
    fontsize_tripcomputer_speed:70;
    fontsize_speed: 32;
    fontsize_cond_speed: 26;
    fontsize_next_maneuver: 22;
    fontsize_hwyinfo: 38;
    fontsize_hwytime: 20;

Now it looks like this with AUTO DPI and SCREEN AUTO
    Spoiler: Click to Expand
    BIG ETA BAR

As you can see...eta bar is bigger, current city name is bigger and city name that we drive towards is bigger.

- 2D Turn
    A great feature that TomTom GO has and PONGO also. At every turn iGO turn changes from 3D to 2D mode. It helps a driver with complex turns, intersections and cities. Customized mapcustom.zip

3D before it changes to 2D
    Spoiler: Expand
    3D

and now in 2D
    2D

CHANGED DEFAULT DAY AND NIGHT SCHEME COLOR.
    As you can from the pictures above night scheme is like TomTom . I saw it by driving Ford Kuga. It is intense and keeps drivers attention to it.

2ND Maneuver - ALWAYS VISIBLE
    This is a great feature that our friend NicuT did for us.
    At some complex intersections it is sometimes extra useful to have second maneuver always visible so driver is informed in advance where he should turn.

2nd MANEUVR

- TUNNEL in a different manner...
    I know we are all about cool graphics but sometimes with great graphics we sacrifice greater good, in this case that means drivers experience or usefulness. In this case I am thinking about TUNNEL and JUNCTION VIEW. I admit it looks great but i it really helpful. In my case IT WAS NOT. So I disabled it.

How to disable/enable JUNCTION view

- SETTINGS
    - NAVIGATION VIEW
    - JUNCTION VIEW (On/Off)

- TUNNEL ANIMATION DISABLED - Made more useful.
    It has been done by editing your sys file

[debug]
    leave_tunnel=1
    enter_tunnel=1

and the result is as following...I find it better. The driver has better overview what is in front of him after the tunnel. How much before the tunnel, how much is left etc.
    tunnel

It has full truck support...*Nothing new just an info that this version is FULL
    TRUCK

SPEEDCAM...it is viisble at 2000m and beeps every 500m
    Why?
    I read that highway camera can catch up to 1800m so I set it to 2000m just to prevent possible fines.
    It beeps every 500m..I see no reasin that camera beeps all the time. It is just terrible so i changed to every 500m.

And I did that here in my SYS file
    ; S P E E D C A M - C A T : 0
    [speedcam_category:0]
    activated_spoken_type=none
    approach_beep_distances=500
    approach_beep_spoken_type=sound
    approach_beep_sound="Speed camera"
    overspeed_spoken_type=none
    warn_distances="150:2000,140:2000,130:2000,120:2000,110:2000,100:2000,90:2000,80:2000,70:2000,60:2000,50:2000,40:2000,30:2000,20:1000,10:2000"

I edited my speedcam.zip and data.zip in order to disable NNG limitation for speedcams in FRANCE and SWITZERLAND. In this version cameras beep in France and SW. Please be informed that such action can result in huge fines in case you have been caught. Do this on your own risk.

Extra UXs that I added to improve driving experience...

- Fuel consuption - It shows how much fuel you need for your trip.
    - Blue lane info - It seems more modern with blue lane info
    - splashscreen.zip - Neutral iGO loading screen
    - width_road_x1.5 - Wide road to improve visibility
    - housenumber - It shows house numbers left or right as you drive by.
    - android_contacts - Google Maps coordinates, places can be shared directly to this version.
    - Alert_o4i - It makes every notification in RED - Big red banner
    - route_from_track - You can load your old routes or review your route and all the places you have been.
    - labs - Thx NiCUt - We can add Petrol, Station, Parking, Route Overview, Screenshot etc in a Cockpit
    - city - It shows city name all the time.

I hope you like my idea and I expect your support.
    (Next version to be uploaded and described is AVICSYNC.

...to be continued...
    Last edited by Texas; 3rd March 2019 at 07:08 PM.
    NOTICE: By no means I advise installing illegal software nor I support such actions. This is just for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Please use my post in order to understand or learn something new. I am a proud owner of LICENSED NAVIGATION but just to satisfy my curiosity I test, read and research. Sharing illegal material is against the law.

Master

! ** if already installed:
    delete Folder SAVE/
    !! ** edit SYS.txt in paragraph:
    [interface]
    false: save_cheksum = 0
    right: checksum

Next error/incorrect Folder-structure found:
    iGO_Pal/ui_nextgen/
    !* here is a sub-folder ui_nextgen/
    move the content to first ui_nextgen/ and delete subfolder ui_nexgen/
    Last edited by rondoan; 26th February 2019 at 02:26 PM.

Dear friends if you tried this version can you provide some Backinfo?

- Is it stable?
    - Is it fast?
    - Do you like changes we made?
    - Is there something we should change?
    - Is there anything you would like to have that is not there?
    - How do you like?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

VIP Master Default skin - energized - third option
    Default skin - energized - third optionDefault skin - energized - third option

This version works out of the box on Android 8.
    Loading is very fast.
    Clear screen with usefull info.

Member + Default skin - energized - third optionDefault skin - energized - third option

For me, it's OK. With few changes. Obviously you do not use spoken speedcam alerts. Nice additional ux-s. Only few thing that I miss are 2d/3d, sound and zoom buttons. Thanks for your and everybody else effort.

Great news. Tested your previous version and it works fine. Only did some changes for speedcam because no sound every 500 m. Problem was the sound file. Will test new version...

Thx for your effort!

help

When we have/change something big we will update OP link of course and provide the log file of everything that is new.

Thank you guys for your feedback...

- Yes I do not use anything other than BEEPS. I like it language neutral so that everybody can understand it.
    - In my case it beeps hmm so is sys edited....
    @usernine I did not uploaded anything or changed. It is my version but NOT uploaded by me. It is still the same version uploaded by other user.
    - It works out of the box on Huawei Tab 3 8" and Galaxy S9+ (Of course dpi had to be little bit tweaked so it looks better)

Well I was going through some versions (igo and skins as well) and I found some cool features we should have in this version...

OPTIONS WE ARE MISSING AND WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO HAVE INSIDE OUR DEFAULT SKIN...

FEATURE No.1 - Search POI but ALONG THE ROUTE
    It is a great feature especially for a family man who drives around with his kid or pretty much for anybody I do not want to search the poi that are few kilometers RIGHT or LEFT but only those that are on my route. So imagine you are driving with your kid and he wants to use a toilet etc....you would like to know how much till the next parking or gas station by just doing ONE CLICK because when you are diving you do not wanna to click more than it is necessary to ENDANGER yourself and everybody else. I found this great option in ARIMI RGB SKIN.

ALONGTHEROUTE

FEATURE N0.2 - QUICK MENU - I hate when navigation screen is cluttered.
    It is all about the DRIVERS EXPERIENCE, focus and useful info. Well that is where QUICK MENU jumps into.
    I love how they did with PONGO/ARIMI etc.
    So I believe it would have been great to have THE THE QUICK MENU so that users of default skin have their option to HIDE all those handy buttons just to clear the screen or not to use it at all but to have option to do it great.

FEATURE No.3 - SEND SHARE YOUR ETA/COORDINATES
    I have already asked for this but nobody replied. It would have been great to have it. TomTom has it, WAZE has it etc etc. Imagine possibilities. Emergency case, Something happened, it is very important that people know where are your or when you will be arriving. It is just unbelievable that iGO does not have such an option. I beg you coders, please create something like that..

ETA

And again it would have been great to have all those options....inside QUICK MENU. This post, this mission of mine was/is always been to keep/have very USEFUL/CLEAN navigation cockpit. So quick menu is one solution.

Thank you guys and I hope that all of you will join and help me have those options inside iGO_PAL or any default skin.

Thank you guys.

THIS IS NOT FOR SALE OR ANY PERSONAL GAIN. THIS IS FOR THE FORUM AND OUR COMMUNITY. WE LEARN/SHARE EXPERIMENT AND THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS CRUSADE.
    Last edited by Texas; 28th February 2019 at 12:54 AM.

Member + Default skin - energized - third optionDefault skin - energized - third option

Yeap, POI along the route...very, very useful. Of course agree with all proposals.

Master

Hi @Texas, I will be following this thread with great interest as I agree with many of your ideas.
    For sending your location from within the app the Doupas skins for Primo have this function, perhaps the code will also work in Nextgen.

Sent from my SM-A310Y using Tapatalk