Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default What's new in iGO? (FDS files)

What's new in iGO? (FDS files)
    New visualization Engine
    picasion com 59a61a4caf53a44f0d2e375108b71f26

Spoiler: Pics

20 seconds of new images!

Spoiler: YT video

timeline:1m10s

Thanks IGO Nextgen Fan with a beautiful voice
    Last edited by Boki; 22nd February 2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: corrected image adresses
    2s
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

Member + What's new in iGO? (FDS files)

Hi Seria,
    I know fds files are new, but do you need special licenses for them? Under "Curve alert" I had the usual "dem files" showing and the .fds file was greyed out and said "Version error". I moved the fds file into the "dem" folder and the about/content changed to "elevations" and the fds disappeared. My guess is they go inside the "map" folder but what do they need to show? Are they made for specific software/hardware? Do you need a special license?

Thanks

iGO Enthusiast What's new in iGO? (FDS files)
    What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)

????
    You didn't came today on this forum. We are talking about fds files almost a year.
    Worthless without license.
    Not a single license yet.
    And nobody knows if, when (or ever) there 'll be.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Important User What's new in iGO? (FDS files)
    What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)

It will work ONLY with certain proggy (so far the only one is in demo video) This thread is strictly info only for now.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Member + What's new in iGO? (FDS files)

Quote Originally Posted by Boki_Srb View Post
    ...You didn't came today on this forum. We are talking about fds files almost a year.
    Worthless without license....

Well I came to the right post looking for an answer, right? Even if fds files are 1 year old, I got them for the first time with the Maps from 2016 for North America that came up this year. I even Googled it and NOBODY ever mentioned anything about licenses, so that's why I decided to ask.

iGO Enthusiast What's new in iGO? (FDS files)
    What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)What's new in iGO? (FDS files)

ON SHORT:
    .fds files are the files that alerts your device/car about dangerous curves and sharp turns.

Spoiler: a quote of an original text
    ” when HERE fully maps a road, we’re not just recording its shape and where it goes. We’re also recording the slope, height, curvature, relevant traffic signs and lane information. “A fully mapped road has more than 20 recorded attributes that can be used by ADAS applications,”

First you should know that you don`t really need these files:

As the Vehicles are getting better and safer, HERE a company co-owned by Audi, BMW and Daimler made these curve alert files, with FDS extension.

On modern cars, these files modify the car`s powertrain, lightning curve, suspension and alerts car about the road autonomy. In conclusion, on regular GPS devices, YOU DON`T NEED THESE FILES to make the maps work, they work fine without them. In adtition, the files are good if they are installed on modern GPS systems installed in cars.

Spoiler: quuoted text 2
    Supported in Igo 9.15 and above , in particular Becker, Falk, Nextgen (and analogues (revision)). To activate the content must present a license

FDS files work exclusively with individual licenses valid for 6 months. After that period a new subscription must be paid.
    This files automatically control the transmission in some models of modern cars on dangerous turns and sharp turns.
    They work only with the appropriate software, based on Nextgen
    Currently are used for "decoration" and unnecessarily occupy space
    Stop looking for explanations
    Stop looking for their licenses
    Ignore them completely
    ... hamsters ...

The theme will be unlocked if and when they occur some really useful news

Last edited by Boki; 21st August 2017 at 09:58 AM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.