Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dnx7240bt

Default Dnx7240bt

I/ve loaded the latest speedcamera database via usb for the last 11/12 years. Recently though, the usb connection has been unusable, i.e. not showing up the Garmin as a drive on Mac or in Win10.
    After reading a number of threads on here, is there any point looking for pre-boot mode (on the circuit boards) on my DNX7240BT when the system thinks it is the year 2002 ?

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast Dnx7240bt
    Dnx7240btDnx7240btDnx7240btDnx7240btDnx7240btDnx7240btDnx7240bt

First check in the device settings that you have not switched it to MTP mode connection instead of MASS Storage.

If everything is fine, then it's a hardware problem, probably a damaged USB connector, or worse - a chip

Btw, it’s a pretty old device, and users have already complained that it juts fails ...

P.S.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    ...etc
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Thanks, read those threads along with numerous others. I've examined my unit and found the board very similar to one in this thread ; [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    After attaching a wire to the switch, I rebuilt it and tried using Cure3 & Gupdate.gcd but the USB connection is still flaky. i.e. unable to see content or drag n drop.
    Spoiler: images

Last edited by Boki; 15th September 2021 at 09:42 PM. Reason: spoiler!, approved

Got this from G7toWin.

Spoiler: images
    Last edited by Boki; 24th September 2021 at 05:57 PM. Reason: SPOILER!