Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy gps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help please

hi all, ive been reading numerous posts on here trying to rectify no gps signal.

I have an a-sure double din Chinese unit running wince 6.0 and an old version of igo primo 9.2.0

I cant get a signal to lock on gps. ive just replaced the gpc receiver with a new one but still no help.

after much research ive found that it maybe on the incorrect port and baud rate. ive found my sys.txt file which shows this

Spoiler: sys.txt
    [device]
    type="Generic_device"

[power]
    powermgm_state="1"

[Main]
    ShowExit=1

[interface]
    show_exit=1
    extra_settings=1
    resolution_dir="800_480"
    ;vga=0

[fleetmanagement]
    port=COM2
    baud=4800

[3d_config]
    disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=1
    rotated_roadsigns=1
    show_guidance_arrows=1
    show_guidance_strip=1

[sound]
    csv_voice_enabled=1
    use_method=1
    queue_length=200
    sound_volume=255
    voice_volume=255
    mute_os_key=1
    ding=0

[route]
    correctness=90

[warning]
    speedcam_enabled=1 ;(0)
    speedcam_visualtype=1 ;(1)
    speedcam_soundtype=1 ;(1) 1=warn if overspeed 2=approach
    speedcam_soundtype_4=2 ;
    speedcam_warning=1 ;(0)
    ;speedcam_check_frc=1
    speak_tts_only=1
    speedwarn_alt_builtup_based=1 ;(0)
    speedwarn_alt_limit=1 ;(0)
    speedwarn_alt_tolerance=110 ;(100)
    speedwarn_alt_toltype=1 ;(0) alternative tolerance type
    speedwarn_tolerance=110 ;(100)
    speedwarn_toltype=1 ;(0) absolute or percentage

[debug]
    skip_eula=1
    enable_roadshadow=1
    loop_sim=1
    sound_q_length=200
    reserve_memory=1835008
    cache=262144

[map]
    auto_nightmode=1
    map_mode="3D"

[tts]
    tts_buffer=131072
    announce_exit_directions=1
    tts_logics=3
    priority="HIGH"
    always_say_road_names=3
    announce_street_name=1
    skip_exit_numbers=2

in all the threads ive read ive not seen fleetmanagement mentioned. have I not got it picking up my gps receiver?

any help would be awesome

many thanks

crezz
    Last edited by Sunnyside Navi; 9th May 2018 at 03:10 PM.

2.    Advertissements

The exact entry in sys.txt is:
    [gps]
    baud="4800"
    port="2"

not [fleetmanagement] but [gps]
    Try this entry and it shuold works.
    Last edited by Sunnyside Navi; 9th May 2018 at 05:06 PM.

I shall try that now, do I need to delete fleet management in exchange for what you've suggested or add it to the sys.txt?

many thanks

replace this lines:

[fleetmanagement]
    port=COM2
    baud=4800

with this:

[gps]
    baud="4800"
    port="2"

thankyou

im getting closer, ive got two red bars now one with 26 and the other with 4 but not enough to lock onto. which way should I adjust the port and baud? or is it just one or the other?

many thanks again

iGO Enthusiast gps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help please
    gps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help please

Be patient, be sure that gps antenna is proper connected. Find clear sky. Wait a little bit.

Also, use newer and better Primo, like [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

thanks again, yeah ive just put that one on a new card and its running but still don't have the gps signal, I assume the gps signal settings is for the actual device and not the software.

by the way that software is far superior to the last one, especially if I get it working with a gps signal. thanks again for your help and your time

If you got red bars and the satellites are visible while searching than communication works, so port and baud values are correct. I think your GPS antenna is misplaced. As proposed, you should check that before anything else. It happens many times to 2-din owners that gps antenna is positioned badly while installing the unit into the dash.

iGO Enthusiast gps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help please
    gps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help pleasegps port/baud fleetmanagement sys.txt?? help please

Quote Originally Posted by sammycrezz View Post
    ...I assume the gps signal settings is for the actual device and not the software....
    Your assumptions are bad
    That version is just so called, and it can be used at almost every WinCE based device. And this rule applies to most of the software available here. Of course, there are some versions that are adapted to specific devices (Alpine, Blaupunkt..), but most are generic.
    And, you must adapt settings for your device in every package you download. It mean, edit sys file that come with it.
    In this case, parameters are set to "auto" and should work out-of-the-box everywhere. But, for faster signal lock, you can manually write parameters. Like already discussed.

If you still have problems, janch give you very possible solution.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

again, thanks for the time to reply. I just installed the new gps receiver in the place suggested by the provider of the double din head unit (under dash on metal chassis of car)

another question, if the sys.txt is set with auto for parameters will it search each option everytime the head unit is repowered or will it store the correct parameters in the save file? or will I have to read the save file system.txt to see what it was last connected to and change the usual sys.text to those said parameters?