The old City Select and OF City Navigator img files shouldn't be XOR'ed i think. In such a case, gimunlock.exe will prompt you to use gimxor.exe if needed:

Quote Originally Posted by cwhlam View Post
Just curious, the attached gimgunlock.zip file contains two files: gimgunlock.exe and gimgxor.exe. It is obvious what
gimgunlock.exe does, and it works very well. But, what does gimgxor.exe do?
Quote Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
Good observation. Gimgunlock assumes the first byte of an IMG file is zero. If not zero, the whole IMG file is protected by a very simple scrambling scheme via XOR (logical eXclusive OR operation). In such case gimgunlock will stop and prompt you to descramble the IMG file by gimgxor first.
I've read your initial post again, it seems you were trying to unlock the numbered .img files in the City Select PC installed folder. If so, i hope you now realise that it's the compiled *.img file which is sent to the device which can be unlocked with gimgunlock [or PGFT which has the original version gimunlock as it's .img file unlock engine anyway]. If you are still confused on this matter, post again then Caty or i will post a step-by-step. Briefly, you may need to send the img file to a media card from MapSource or MapInstall initially and then transfer it to the GPS using [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. With such an old unit and OF map you should only need a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] unl code added to unlock the map for the GPS.