Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vip Master Garmin GPSMAP 376C map updating...
    Garmin GPSMAP 376C map updating...Garmin GPSMAP 376C map updating...

Just to illustrate what TYPing can do to the map, see this pic of CNEU from my 276C. The width of the part seen is over 10 miles and you can still see all roads.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And placing of waypoints like this (the light blue is my track) makes it easy to navigate.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Another "special" with these models is that it is best to have it connected to external power when uploading maps to memory. Running on battery, even fully charged, can result in corrupt maps. I do not know why, it is just well known ...
    And give yourself a few hours walking through all menus and all settings, there are a lot of them. It is the engineers gps, for good and bad.

2.    Advertissements

Great info, guys!

I do agree, that is the exact reason why I'm "hell bent" on keeping and updating this unit for my bike. Being that unit is tied into the Goldwing's Auxiliary input on the audio system, turn by turn directions are essential for safer biking WITHOUT taking my eyes off the road.

I do take my Nuvi 285WT, which is the next older model I have(with 2015 map), that is mounted directly in front of me on the dash. I modded this unit to have an audio 3.5mm jack on back, sealed with epoxy in edges just in case it rain in Arizona and it's now connected to the Aux instead of the 376C.

The voice of Nuvi is alot more "pleasant" to hear than the 376 C's...love that British female voice

I'll update the rest of my GPS to this new 2016 maps, once I get this 376C updated.

Again, thanks. Tim

I have a question. I just relocated from Arizona to North Carolina. On my GPSmap376C, I had loaded a segmented map while in Arizona, consisting of South West portion of U.S to include Arizona, Nevada, California, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Colorado.

The map I got loaded(segmented)is North America 2016.20

This map showed all detailed roads while in cities with smaller side roads and even some dirt roads.

Yesterday, I loaded my segmented Eastern U.S map: N.C, VA, GA, SC, TN, KY, FL, MS, LA. I just returned from a short ride to the NC coast and found that some of established roads, including side streets which I know had been in existence for last 10 years, did not show on this map segments.

Does anyone know why that is? None of the GPS settings were changed when I switch from Western segments to Eastern segments of this map. Currently, I'm loading the 2012 version to see if it is indeed a map issue or the GPS settings issues, which "might have" changed when I deleted the Western prior to installing this new segments.

Thanks of any input.

O.K, here is what I found out. The map I had was the issue, Garmin North America NT 2016.20. I reinstalled the older 2012 version and all smaller side streets do show-up on map for East coast N.C and where I'm staying at now. So, I'm downloading the newr 2017 map now to see if there is any issues with that one after I segment and install it on my GPSmap 376C.

Don't know if the issues is isolated to this GPS/map combo but, we managed to arrive here in our car with our other GPS for the cars...both do have the same 2016.20 maps installed in full lower U.S 49 States.
    Last edited by kodiakbare; 11th April 2016 at 09:38 PM.