works perfect :-) Thanks
v1.8 Tested on HD2 (android version 4.4.4)
some info (tested, works)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
1. Open the .OV2 file that you need with Extra POI editor
2. Save it as M-Column XLSX
3. Make sure Longitude is the 1st column, followed by Latitude and POI name (if there isn't a separate first row with the column names, make one yourselves).
4. Sorting must be done ascending by the Longitude column
5. Save it again as XLSX within Excel
6. Open it with Extra_POI_Editor and save it again as OV2, with the name XXX_Favorites.OV2
7. Place it in /CARD/Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/files/personal/pois, where CARD is the card where the app was installed, it may be on internal or external memory.
8. Open Tomtom Go Mobile, go to My Places and you will find a directory with the name XXX that you gave to the OV2 file. When you open it, there should be the POIs and you can search them by name.
Note: If you have multiple rows like I did in the POI Name field, open the original OV2 file with TomPoiEdr then save it as CSV Unicode UTF-8, this will remove the extra rows as TomPoiEdr only sees one row per case. Then open it with Excel, remove whatever is extra from the name (I did it with Replace command), save it as XSLX, open it with Extra POI editor and save it as OV2.
I imported my .ov2 file directly into folder Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/files/personal/pois
Simply by copying files .ov2
All my .ov2 Poi run directly without additional manipulation.
They are available in "My Places" menu.
everything is working normally. I do not understand the text of (niceboy). I have long ago opened the topic (there is not anywhere else) how to make a custom POI for TomTom.
TXT or CSV to open here
and all the POI will be correct. If someone does not work OV2 files let them open on this web page, and then save as OV2.Code:Please Login or Register to see the links
Last edited by Brown Dog; 16th November 2015 at 09:09 AM.
is there a way to have maps in internal storage? I don't see this option
Last edited by griters; 16th November 2015 at 03:14 PM.
I have installed the patched version 1.7 running perfectly. Uninstall and I install the 1.8 patched or i have to put back the original before????
Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
How do I proceed with installation if I have working version 1.4 and I want this GO 1.8 version?