Garmin unlocker alternative New updated v2.4 - (27.01.2010)
Now you can write own "MapHeader" and "MapName"
Read readme.txt first
1. copy your IMG file (not move, backup is good :-)) "MAP Locked" directory
2. write your map details in MapsetHeader.txt and MapName.txt file
- MapsetHeader.txt eg. "Garmin City Navigator© NT 2010.30" without quotes (50 characters allowed)
- MapName.txt eg. "Europe (Unlocked)" without quotes (50 characters allowed)
3. Run "UNLOCK MAP DIRECTORY.EXE"
4. now you have GMAPSUPP.IMG inside "MAP UnLocked" directory
Last edited by catymag; 7th August 2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: edit link to update
Any links to download instead of attachment?
note: I updated Oregon 200 to 3.8 Firmware and the Europe Map did not work anymore.
Now way with the unlocker 1.5.
But with this tool it did work!
Catymag YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
Hi, thanks for the update, can you please tell us what those md2 files are for? I actually deleted them, I thought it's not important for my GPS, but now I see you have added support for these files, so I'm thinking there must be a use for them.
Thanks in advance!
I would like to know what those md2 files are for as well.
I have asked on several different forums and have never received an answer.