Do the first four steps to get the libproj library (Or you can download the libraries from my next post):
1. Install Locus Free from Playstore (Official Google Play, modded one is not good for this)
2. Run it and let it dl libraries then close. See post above (n9) if you cant download librairies.
3. Launch Root explorer or similar to copy the two files into safe location. Root needed.
4. Uninstall Locus Free
5. Install Locus Pro 3.2.0 and open, only on the first screen, this is to create the folders "files" and "shared_prefs" under /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/ with appropriate permissions. Then close the app (App info > Force Stop). 6. Use Root explorer to move 2 saved files to /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/ 7. Edit the file menion.android.locus.pro_preferences.xml that is under /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/shared_prefs/ and replace the contents with the following:
With cheatdroid add a new int key called KEY_S_APPLICATION_VERSION_LAST with a value of 295 .
8. Set permissions for 3 added/modified files (.../files/libproj.so, .../files/_libraries.conf and ../shared_prefs/menion.android.locus.pro_preferences.xml), you must set full permissions (use Root explorer or ES File Manager). 9. Launch Locus Pro 3.2.0 and will start normally without requiring download libraries.
NOTE: If you have problem with the previous steps (5-9) and Locus 3.2.0 still ask to download the libraries (and fails to download, obviously) then uninstall Locus Pro 3.2.0 and install the 3.1.3 version, open the app only on the first screen to create the folders with appropriate permissions, do the step 6 (also set the permissions for the 2 files), and open again, this time Locus Pro 3.1.3 will open normally (fully functional), install the 3.2.0 version over the 3.1.3 and will start without problems with the libraries. Continue with the next steps.
10. Install Locus Pro 3.7.0 (or any version of your choice), and before opening edit again the file /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/menion.android.locus.pro_preferences.xml and search for the string KEY_I_START_NUM_OF_STARTS, this will look like this:
Some useful(?) info:
* Locus Pro 3.1.3 only checks for the presence of the libraries and the conf file (libproj.so and _libraries.conf) and do some unknown request to Google Play Store/Services.
* Locus Pro 3.2.0 checks for the presence of the libraries and the _libraries.conf and check that the key KEY_S_APPLICATION_VERSION_LAST is 295, if is true then add a new key: KEY_S_LIBS_VERSION. This is the only version that does that without checking the validity of the license. On some phones check others keys, in that case is necessary install the 3.1.3 and then the 3.2.0.
* In some later version also started to check KEY_I_START_NUM_OF_STARTS, that is why some have trouble, this counts the numbers of starts of the app (which is obvious), the value must be greater than or equal to 9.
* The key KEY_S_LIBS_VERSION has a kind of expiration time, after that you have to repeat the steps to get a new one. Fortunately it's shareable, you can copy from another phone.
Then, after installing Locus 3.2.0 you must start Locus nine times, and then you can install any later version (tested only on 3.5.3, 3.6.0, and 3.6.2).
And possibly I'm wrong and the information is incorrect, but that's what I found.
Searching through the smali code I've found that there are four downloadable "libs", and found the url intercepting the connection with tPacketCapture.
More info: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[architecure] could be armeabi, armeabi-v7a, x86 or mips.
[time in seconds since epoch] It is the time when the link becomes invalid.
[key] A key that only is valid whith the others two parameters, I don't know more.
I leave attached the downloaded libraries for all available architectures in Locus (armeabi, armeabi-v7a, x86 and mips), so no need to install the free version.
Last edited by SebSS; 4th July 2015 at 04:47 AM.
Reason: More info
posts #24 and #25, interesting yes, though a bit, hmmmm, ... confusing and complicated... (?)
anyways, my observations for the given basic installing procedure:
1. I had to make this dir "files/" by hand to put those 2 files into;
2. after installing these:
"10. Install Locus Pro 3.5.1 over existing version and run
11. Install Locus Pro 3.5.3 over existing version and run
12. Install Locus Pro 3.6.0 over existing version and run"
NOT to choose "RUN" straight after installing but rather "ready" to close the install procedure, and THEN open locus from "apps"-menu.
otherwise I did get this "libraries"-problem...
add: IGN maps ready for online use!
add: ability to define content of Track popup menu on map
chg: GSI maps (online) moved to Locus Store
chg: new system for add/edit trackpoints in existing track
chg: completely new system for handling top and right panels (now united collection)
Download: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]