Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 555

Thread: Firmwares Smeg+

  1. #71
    Member + Firmwares Smeg+Firmwares Smeg+
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    58

    Rom

    Quote Originally Posted by tibcab View Post
    Hi guys,

    I just found this very interesting topic but I wanted a confirmation, is the 5.2.x.x firmware for SMEG+ or SMEG+iv2? I am under the impression that the title of this topic states "Firmware SMEG+iv2" when it actually deals with SMEG+, correct?
    Apparently so, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by tibcab View Post
    Another question regarding my upgrade path : I currently have a SMEG+ (New 308) with version 4.1.B.r8 from the 14/06/2013, will this one be able to be updated to 5.2.c.R1 straight away? Or shall I use another couple of intermediate updates before being able to update to the latest? I have read on other ofrums that 4.x.x.x could not even be updated with 5.x.x.x because of different hardware, is that correct? (this thread is actually making me think it is not)

    Thanks a lot for your help!
    You need to upgrade to the latest 4.x software, then move on to 5.1.x or 5.2.x, as there is no direct upgrade path. Good thought, btw.
    @pricejack did the upgrade that way: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Problem is, the links for the fw are all down, afaik.

    Greetz,
    Wayne

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #72
    Master bommelb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    103

    Default

    @tibcab: I updated my SMEG+ system (C4PII 2013) from/to SMEG4.1.A.R7.1 > SMEG4.1.D.R2 > SMEG5.2.CR.1 . See also post #16.

    Topic title: It was SMEG+ and it still is I guess. (where iv2 stands for...)

  4. #73
    Trial Moderator Firmwares Smeg+
    Firmwares Smeg+
    Bricoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Just around the corner's street
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bommelb View Post
    @tibcab: I updated my SMEG+ system (C4PII 2013) from/to SMEG4.1.A.R7.1 > SMEG4.1.D.R2 > SMEG5.2.CR.1 . See also post #16.

    Topic title: It was SMEG+ and it still is I guess. (where iv2 stands for...)
    Hello,

    I asked to change the "Thread" Smeg+2 to Smeg+iv2, but the Smeg+ thread that has been changed ?
    Even after a second MP, always the wrong change, I don't understand ?

  5. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bommelb View Post
    @tibcab: I updated my SMEG+ system (C4PII 2013) from/to SMEG4.1.A.R7.1 > SMEG4.1.D.R2 > SMEG5.2.CR.1 . See also post #16.

    Topic title: It was SMEG+ and it still is I guess. (where iv2 stands for...)
    Thanks for your feedback, I will follow your track on the update path!

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLaPie View Post
    Apparently so, yes.



    You need to upgrade to the latest 4.x software, then move on to 5.1.x or 5.2.x, as there is no direct upgrade path. Good thought, btw.
    @pricejack did the upgrade that way: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Problem is, the links for the fw are all down, afaik.

    Greetz,
    Wayne
    Thank you very much for this valuable information. I have spent the whole evening yesterday looking for SMEG4.1.D.R2 and finally found it on a spanish forum. I will actually share the link here if it is ok, since it is a Mega folder that contains various interesting releases of the firmware.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    The only thing I would like to have is a checksum of a working FW file to be able to ensure the one I have downloaded there is the correct one and will not brick my SMEG+.. not sure if someone can provide such a thing, as you pointed out, pretty much all the links to the 4.1.D.R2 FW are broken.

    Again, thanks for the quick and clear answers, much appreciated!

  6. #75
    Member + Firmwares Smeg+Firmwares Smeg+
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    58

    Rom Now, it is getting a lil' complicated 'round here...

    Quote Originally Posted by tibcab View Post
    Thanks for your feedback, I will follow your track on the update path!



    Thank you very much for this valuable information. I have spent the whole evening yesterday looking for SMEG4.1.D.R2 and finally found it on a spanish forum. I will actually share the link here if it is ok, since it is a Mega folder that contains various interesting releases of the firmware.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    The only thing I would like to have is a checksum of a working FW file to be able to ensure the one I have downloaded there is the correct one and will not brick my SMEG+.. not sure if someone can provide such a thing, as you pointed out, pretty much all the links to the 4.1.D.R2 FW are broken.

    Again, thanks for the quick and clear answers, much appreciated!
    Ok, so @tibcab I gave it some thought. First, I really appreciate your effort to get some clean files which won't break your system. Good move!
    Second, I went from 5.1 FR4 to 5.2.CR1 on a SMEG+ unit. So, the only file I have used is a 5.2.CR1 I found elsewhere. I did some research on the respective file you linked to, and I discovered that the length of the binaries contained appears to be different from the length my file has. The number of files and folders is equal, though.

    The file I used worked OK, so I decided to put my file on mega so you (and anybody else who is quick enough) may download it.

    But, remember: Don't use this file unless you upgrade to a 5.x firmware beforehand! This firmware is only good for SMEG+ units

    Vital stats of the file are:
    153 files contained in the archive.
    length: 1.191.365.312 bytes
    packed: 1.129.257.019 bytes

    SHA-1 hash: CB3820F45FDFA7298088BDC6B458C30C6C6EABA5

    The file has been rared with Winrar Version 5!

    link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Happy flashing!
    Greetz,
    Wayne
    Last edited by WayneLaPie; 2nd December 2015 at 06:30 PM.

  7. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLaPie View Post
    Ok, so @tibcab I gave it some thought. First, I really appreciate your effort to get some clean files which won't break your system. Good move!
    Second, I went from 5.1 FR4 to 5.2.CR1 on a SMEG+ unit. So, the only file I have used is a 5.2.CR1 I found elsewhere. I did some research on the respective file you linked to, and I discovered that the length of the binaries contained appears to be different from the length my file has. The number of files and folders is equal, though.

    The file I used worked OK, so I decided to put my file on mega so you (and anybody else who is quick enough) may download it.

    But, remember: Don't use this file unless you upgrade to a 5.x firmware beforehand! This firmware is only good for SMEG+ units

    Vital stats of the file are:
    153 files contained in the archive.
    length: 1.191.365.312 bytes
    packed: 1.129.257.019 bytes

    SHA-1 hash: CB3820F45FDFA7298088BDC6B458C30C6C6EABA5

    The file has been rared with Winrar Version 5!

    link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Happy flashing!
    Greetz,
    Wayne
    Hi Wayne and thank you for your great support!

    Unfortunately the Mega link you provided does not work for me, it just directs me to the Mega main page. Is there any chance you can post it again? (or check the link)

    I have taken a closer look to another 5.2.CR1 that I got my hands on, actually from a link on this very thread, and found out that the length of the binaries and number of files matches the one I got from the spanish forum. I actually don't know what to think now.

    But as you said, I still need to get my hands on the latest 4.x from a reliable source to compare with what I have found. I think I will continue digging in that direction... Be sure that I will post updates on my quest here asap!

    Again, thanks for your great help!

    Totally off-topic : I see you're in New York, I had a 12h stopover at JFK two weeks ago and I still have Big Apple images in my mind!

  8. #77
    Member + Firmwares Smeg+Firmwares Smeg+
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    58

    Rom New link

    @tibcab

    I checked the mega link and it works OK for me??

    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Anyways, I uploaded it one more time to uploadable, maybe you would want to try that one instead:

    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Have a good one!
    Wayne

  9. #78
    Master bommelb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    103

    Default

    @Wayne: when I use your megalink I have to login on Mega. I have an account, I login but I do not have the possibility to download your file. I guess the file is only visible for you.

  10. #79
    Member + Firmwares Smeg+Firmwares Smeg+
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    58

    Tool Who needs Kim's mega anyway....

    Right, the mega link I have posted magically disappeard.
    I posted there, because I thought it to be less of a hassle; well it wasn't.
    I prefer hosters which don't make you login-and-introduce-yourself-to-us.

    So, people: use the uploadable link as long as it lasts and forget about Kimpossible and his Kimpire.

    Greetz,
    Wayne
    Last edited by WayneLaPie; 6th December 2015 at 10:13 AM.

  11. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @wayne

    haha, yes indeed I ended up downloading from the uploadable link, which worked eventually. Many thanks by the way.
    I'm still looking for another 4.1.d.R2 to compare to the one that I downloaded, I hope I'll find one someday, internet seems to remember everything except for this file!

    To other users on this thread, is someone able to provide the 4.1.d.R2 update file that you actually tested so that I can compare with the one I already have?
    Thanks a lot!

 

 
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.