Yes I mean that. But also do you no if its possible to install the maps? I bought it without the gps but I don't think that citroen is making diferent 7' inch panel for cars with gps or without?
Just found out that the softwareversion on my car-system is CD 20329 which should be SMEG4.1.B.R8 (google says ).
Is it correct that I should first upgrade to 4.1.D.R2 and then to 5.4.B.R8?
Or should it put some steps (firmwares) in between (like 5.1.F.R4 and/or 5.2.C.R1)?
I have found these firmwares at the Firmwares SMEG+-topic (link to MEGA from forum in Spain: mega:///#F!ntEhlLTR!2TjMy1eo-Yf9q13MbVrnYA). Are these firmwares reliable?
(CitroŽn C4 GPII, 2013)
I also have a C4 PII (2013) and went from 4.1.D.R2 > 5.1.F.R4 > 5.4.B.R6 > 5.4.B.R8: works fine. (each step cost You 20 minutes)
From 4.1.B.R8 directly to 5.4.B.R8 without problems, I don't no, give it a try. I guess the system is warning you when it's not possible.
All the firmware upgrades I find in this thread and are reliable for me.
Put the firmware on a usb, formatted with FAT32, all the files in the folder SMEG_PLUS_UPG
Okay, I have upgraded from 4.1.B.R8 to 4.1.D.R2. Did cost me about 30 minutes...
Now preparing other USB-stick for 5.4.B.R8. I think the other usb will be better quality
2. Can anyone tell what are the benefits of 5.4.B.R6 comparing to the previous firmware?
3. At the end of the update to firmware 5.4.B.R6, I got a warning message stating that I do not have permission to something. I can't remember what exactly. Is that normal? Everything seems to be working properly.
4. Is it possible to downgrade firmware, if necessary?
Last edited by kafa; 24th January 2016 at 04:12 PM.
2. The release R6 is a maintenace release with no publicly known purpose, it was presumably made specifically for the C4 Cactus.
It has no APV (part number), however, it is known to introduce the unmute issue. The R8 release fixes the unmute issue.
3. No idea
4. The unit does not allow downgrades
Hope that helps!
They told me it was a "missing coding". I am thinking of a parameter that triggers this function.
Now the next step for me is to find out if I can switch on/off the adaptative cruise control to use it as a normal cruise control, but directly from the SMEG+ as I've seen it on my friend's 308 GT. I'm pretty sure it's just another coding to be done but it looks like the dealer didn't want to make it for me.
Guess I'll have to find a way to code that SMEG+ on my own but it appears not to be that simple... Any solution/idea on that would be very appreciated guys ;-)