OziExplorer v1.15 (Unlocked) Requirements: Android v2.1+ Overview: OziExplorer for Android is moving map software for devices running the ANDROID O/S. It uses raster map images which are either scanned or purchased in digital format. It allows you to track your position received from the GPS on a map (moving map).
OziExplorer for Android is moving map software for devices running the ANDROID O/S. It uses raster map images which are either scanned or purchased in digital format. It allows you to track your position received from the GPS on a map (moving map).
OziExplorer for Android is not automatic route planning software, you cannot request the best way to get from point A to point B, the types of maps OziExplorer for Android uses do not allow this.
OziExplorer runs on Android devices but it relies on map calibrations etc to be provided by the full PC version of OziExplorer, you also need the full OziExplorer to calibrate maps, plan trips by adding waypoints etc.
The unlicensed OziExplorer for Android will work with the unlicensed OziExplorer but the limitations of both packages will apply.
Moving map navigation using the internal GPS.
Course Up Mode.
3D Perspective View Mode.
Uses almost any map which can be created by the PC version of OziExplorer.
Use our Img2ozf utility to convert maps to OZFX3 format.
OZF2, OZFX3, ECW, JP2 (jpeg 2000) directly supported.
PNG, JPG directly supported (small maps less than 20MBytes uncompressed).
Automatic loading of the next map.
Check for more detailed map at a set interval.
User tracks can be loaded
Logging of Track points to file.
Create Waypoints at current position by pressing the Create Wp screen button.
Navigation to a waypoint or along a route.
Using the Route Create option, routes can be created on the device.
Many Map Zoom levels.
Various Position display formats.
On screen display of Speed, Bearing and Altitude.
Display Waypoints on the map.
Satellite View showing SNR, number of Sats and HDOP.
Design your own screens using the free Screen Designer on your PC.
+ many more features to be added in future versions.
- Added Czech Language Translation. If you would like to do a translation see the Translation page link on the OziExplorer for Android web page.
- Added Language Translations - only English and German available so far. If you would like to do a translation see the Translation page link on the OziExplorer for Android web page.
- Fixed (mostly) the parameters on the configuration screens being cut off on the right for narrow screens.
- Fixed error in Route waypoint distance and bearing calculation.
- Fixed Clear Track Tail Button - now works.
- Fixed error in ground height display from SRTM height data.
- Map Find now positions the new map at the same position as the previous map.
Works well on my Android 2.2 and Ideos U8150.
To install copy the o1ea5s.apk file to your MicroSD.
Use an Android File Manager and execute the .apk file on your Android device and Ozi will install.