Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Opel Touch & Connect Europe 2016

    CNlQoL3

    Requirements

    1. Linux PC with integrated SD card reader (the ones on USB don't work). If you don't have Linux on your PC, you can download Ubuntu and run it from a bootable USB drive without installing: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

    2. Samsung-manufactured microSD card which allows its CID to be changed. Made in Korea cards have a higher success rate than Made in Philippines cards. Examples:

    Samsung 16 GB (MB-MSBGA/EU)
    Samsung 32 GB (MB-MSBGA/EU)
    Samsung EVO 32 GB (MB-MP32DA)
    Samsung EVO 64 GB (MB-MP64DA)
    Samsung EVO+ 32 GB (MB-MC32DA)
    Samsung EVO+ 64 GB (MB-MC64DA)
    Samsung EVO+ 128 GB (MB-MC128DA)
    Samsung PRO 32 GB (MB-MG32EA)
    Samsung PRO 64 GB (MB-MG64EA)
    Samsung PRO+ 32 GB (MB-MD32D)
    Samsung PRO+ 64 GB (MB-MD64D)
    Transcend microSDHC 8GB (TS8GUSDHC6)

    To test if your SD card is suitable, enter this command in a Linux terminal window: ls -l /sys/block | grep mmc
    If you see mmcX:0001 (X can be 0,1,2 etc), then the CID can be changed. With mmcX:59b4 cards, many people reported that the tool said 'success', but after removing and reinserting the SD card, the CID was not changed.

    Instructions

    1. Use the tool change_CID to change the CID of the SD card.

    After you insert the SD, check under /dev and look for mmcblkX (X can be 0,1,2 etc). You can use the following command in a terminal window: ls /dev/mmcblk*

    In my case it's mmcblk0, run the application from the current folder in terminal:
    for 32-bit version use the command like this: sudo ./change_CID_32 /dev/mmcblk0 5d53424e32424d31010a30a58400fa00
    for 64-bit version use the command like this: sudo ./change_CID_64 /dev/mmcblk0 5d53424e32424d31010a30a58400fa00

    Remove and reinsert SD card to check the new CID. Use this command: cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/device/cid
    If the CID has been changed correctly, it should return 5d53424e32424d31010a30a58400fa00.

    2. Copy the content of the SD_root folder to the SD card.

    Enjoy!

    Download: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    RAR password: www.gpspower.net

    If you want to share new maps, you can read the CID of your SD card in both Windows and Linux:
    - In Windows: download and extract [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and run ReadCID.exe
    - In Linux: enter this command in a terminal window (if mmcblk0 is the SD card): cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/device/cid
    Last edited by Apollo89; 23rd October 2017 at 11:45 PM.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Not working. Tested on Antara 2011 with Touch & Connect Navi. I have the CID and map from original microSD (2010 i guess) if anyone want it.

    Sorry for my english!

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello and thank you for sharing this map.

    But, I've got a problem. I've got a 32Gb Samsung EVO+ SD card and a Ubuntu 17.04 Live cd, I follow everything written in the READ ME file and, after changing the CID of the SD, it says "SUCCESS". AFter that, I remove and reinsert the CARD to check if the CID is correct and, unfortunately, it set back to the old CID. Anyone got this problem ? If yes, how to resolved it ?

    Thanks in advance

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geonikus View Post
    Not working. Tested on Antara 2011 with Touch & Connect Navi.
    Did you check if the CID of your SD card was changed after removing and reinserting the card? Maybe you have the same problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prichy View Post
    Hello and thank you for sharing this map.

    But, I've got a problem. I've got a 32Gb Samsung EVO+ SD card and a Ubuntu 17.04 Live cd, I follow everything written in the READ ME file and, after changing the CID of the SD, it says "SUCCESS". AFter that, I remove and reinsert the CARD to check if the CID is correct and, unfortunately, it set back to the old CID. Anyone got this problem ? If yes, how to resolved it ?

    Thanks in advance
    Where is your Samsung EVO+ SD card made? I read that the CID cannot be changed with all EVO+ cards. 'Made in Korea' should work.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo89 View Post
    Did you check if the CID of your SD card was changed after removing and reinserting the card? Maybe you have the same problem.
    Yes, I double checked. I tried with original CID from working microSD and the maps from this site, not working either.

    Thank you for reply!

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo89 View Post
    Where is your Samsung EVO+ SD card made? I read that the CID cannot be changed with all EVO+ cards. 'Made in Korea' should work.
    My SD Card was made in Philippines. But I read that if, at the end of the processus, it's said "SUCCESS", this means that it normally works. I'm wondering why it says "SUCCESS" but when I check it's the old CID.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prichy View Post
    My SD Card was made in Philippines. But I read that if, at the end of the processus, it's said "SUCCESS", this means that it normally works. I'm wondering why it says "SUCCESS" but when I check it's the old CID.
    Use only 'Made in Korea" card, you change CID!

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Witam
    czy ma ktoś nowsze mapy niż 2015/16?

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Grrrr View Post
    Witam
    czy ma ktoś nowsze mapy niż 2015/16?
    Please include an English translation of your post next time.

    "Hello
    Does anyone have newer maps than 2015/16?"

    I would like to know this as well. Since nobody has confirmed that this method works, I would like to try it myself if someone could be so kind to upload the 2017 version.
    I'm sure that it has to be possible. On eBay, I see a lot of listings for these Touch & Connect Europe 2017 SD cards for less than one third of the normal retail price. With all these offers "the original packaging is no longer available"...

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo89 View Post
    Please include an English translation of your post next time.

    "Hello
    Does anyone have newer maps than 2015/16?"

    I would like to know this as well. Since nobody has confirmed that this method works, I would like to try it myself if someone could be so kind to upload the 2017 version.
    I'm sure that it has to be possible. On eBay, I see a lot of listings for these Touch & Connect Europe 2017 SD cards for less than one third of the normal retail price. With all these offers "the original packaging is no longer available"...
    The method works, but the maps I downloaded from this forum do not work on the Touch & Connect radio. There is a bug in the maps or the CID number is invalid. Maybe someone will share a copy of their card and its CID number

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.