Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lux
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester

    Hello everyone,

    I have a weird problem with importing the speedcam file to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester.
    iGo 9 is part of the infotainment system of the car, all maps and POI files are stored on an external microsd card. The microsd card is not protected for writing, because I can write to it well when connected to my pc.

    Here is what I've done so far:
    After I got the speedcam.txt file, I created a speedcam folder under \content\, so I have now \content\speedcam pasted the file in there, started the car, GPS fix was OK, but nothing after that. When I connect the microsd card to the PC I see that the .txt file is there, but there are no 2 other files which should be created when the speedcams are imported by iGo.

    On the other side this was pretty much everything I was supposed to do based on the web site where I got the speedcams from.
    Igo on Android devices has a special setting to enable the alerts for the speedcams, however I have many other type of warnings, but there is nothing about speedcams in the menu to enable the warnings/alerts...
    After some research I understood that I can impose some settings if I have entries in sys.txt file. Such file was not existing at all in iGo\sys.txt and I created it adding entries to the file that are supposed to manage the warnings, but unfortunately it is still not working.

    Any ideas work what further I can do to make it work?

    Thank you

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Important User Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru ForesterCan't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru ForesterCan't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,439
    Rep Power
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by todorakiggg View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I have a weird problem with importing the speedcam file to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester.
    iGo 9 is part of the infotainment system of the car, all maps and POI files are stored on an external microsd card. The microsd card is not protected for writing, because I can write to it well when connected to my pc.
    There is no such thing as "iGO 9", you mean version starting with 9.x.x.x? If that's the case, it's Primo. What is full version of proggy?

    Quote Originally Posted by todorakiggg View Post
    Here is what I've done so far:
    After I got the speedcam.txt file, I created a speedcam folder under \content\, so I have now \content\speedcam pasted the file in there, started the car, GPS fix was OK, but nothing after that. When I connect the microsd card to the PC I see that the .txt file is there, but there are no 2 other files which should be created when the speedcams are imported by iGo.
    If you don't see *.spdb file it means that your speedcam data in *.txt wasn't processed.

    Quote Originally Posted by todorakiggg View Post
    On the other side this was pretty much everything I was supposed to do based on the web site where I got the speedcams from.
    Igo on Android devices has a special setting to enable the alerts for the speedcams, however I have many other type of warnings, but there is nothing about speedcams in the menu to enable the warnings/alerts...
    After some research I understood that I can impose some settings if I have entries in sys.txt file. Such file was not existing at all in iGo\sys.txt and I created it adding entries to the file that are supposed to manage the warnings, but unfortunately it is still not working.

    Any ideas work what further I can do to make it work?

    Thank you
    If your speedcam data wasn't processed by proggy, then no settings in the world will make it worked. Fixed that problem first.

    Why title contained "PDA?"
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 1st October 2017 at 10:25 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

  4. #3
    Master G-ulash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Are you at least sure the sd is where the program is located? Of course IGO is on it, but is it the program that is running?
    Remove the sd card from the system and start the navigation program. Does it say that the program is not found or not? And is a save folder present on sd?

    edit: and yet another important question: "on the website where I got the speedcams from". Are you sure the speedcam file is for IGO? Seems "the website" is not this forum so we cannot comment on the origin nor the reliability of the file.
    Last edited by G-ulash; 1st October 2017 at 07:19 PM.

  5. #4
    Important User Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    Midnight Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    736

    Default

    If SD card is defined as secondary root path, and it probably is, then speedcam.spdb file is created in primary location, in sub-folder content\speedcam, but such folder must exist too.
    In that primary root folder already exists original sys.txt, so writing another on SD card is useless, original must be changed.

    BTW, more info about program, complete folder structure (not only SD card) and original sys.txt is needed.
    Last edited by Midnight Blues; 1st October 2017 at 07:47 PM.
    NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
    ztsyz4
    Password for all my uploads: gpspower.net

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lux
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the input, I will answer all the questions raised in order:

    - Why PDA, it is a typo, found it after I posted the thread
    - Version of iGO 9.12.45.60
    - When I take the sd card out, navigation is not starting at all - a warning message is displayed - contact dealer bla, bla...
    - The structure of the speedcam.txt file I have is exactly the same as the one which I downloaded from this website and same story ....
    - Here is the structure of the folders found on the sd card:
    iGo
    -content
    • -global_cfg
    • -lang
    • -map
    • -phoneme
    • -poi
    • -scheme
    • -speedcam - this is the one I created and where the speedcam.txt is located
    • -voice
    • -vr
    • -vr_vde

    -copy.db

    -license
    -sys.txt - this is the one I created

    System Volume Information

    device.nng


    Content of the sys.txt (the one I created):
    Spoiler: sys
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

    I understand that I have to change the original sys.txt, but where is it?
    I was not able to find it, is it normally hidden, because I have the option to see the hidden files enabled on the Nemo explorer I am using - LinuxMint.
    Last edited by Boki_Srb; 1st October 2017 at 10:01 PM.

  7. #6
    Important User Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru ForesterCan't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru ForesterCan't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,439
    Rep Power
    540

    Default

    The format of version "9.12.45.60" is not correct. Specifically the 60, it should be several digits not just two.
    Not all release have sys.txt (nor need it) If you have a reason to have it, just create it.
    Is the format of your *.txt file under the speedcam directory correct?
    If (for some reason) you're not looking at the location of your installation, then that's the problem. Sometime, certain NNG products (especially the one made for a specific brand) will allow you to update/use the content data on the external card while the actual proggy data is located on the internal card.
    For NextGen9.18.27.687519-Gift(26Jan2017) running on my android 4.4.2, I do NOT see speedcam.spdb when viewing from Win7, but it is there when I look at it using file explorer on the android device. I scratched my head when I see it shown valid under About->Content->Alert Points->speedcam with File: speedcam/speedcam.spdb and Size: 145 kilobytes. Then I remembered problem with viewing android files under windows, so I viewed it on android and it's was there.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 1st October 2017 at 10:28 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lux
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    9.12.45.610686 - this is the exact version of iGo
    How can I be sure that the program is writing something to the internal memory of the unit? Isn't the fact that the navigation is not starting at all when there is no microsd card inserted enough to say that the program is installed on the sd card?
    sys.txt file I created and put on the right location is explained above and I even pasted the content of it.
    I checked About->Content->Alert Points and there is nothing mentioned about speedcams.
    As said above, I am using LinuxMint and there was never an issue of not being able to see files, which are actually there, for me this is out of question.
    I compared the file I have and the one downloaded from here and there are identical as of file structure. I even tried with the file from here and it is not loading either.

  9. #8
    iGO Moderator Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    Boki_Srb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Niš
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,011
    Rep Power
    454

    Default

    First, that is original software. And only for Subaru, as I am informed. Judging by the version, it is WinCE based, but could be wrong. Check the extension of main file, post some (not too large) screenshot pics of card content under spoiler here.
    You need to access to internal memory of device.
    If I am right for the version of the software, do the following on the card
    - backup!!!
    - find/download application for WinCE called CE Commander (CECmd)
    - rename the main exe of software (eg navigator.exe - navigator.old)
    - put in place the total commander for wince in which you give the original name of the main application (ie CECMD.exe> navigator.exe)
    - Return the card to the device
    - When starting navigation, the TTC should now start
    - You should now see / can access the internal memory
    Be careful not to delete anything on device!!!

    I am not responsible for
    Spoiler: read
    bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about procedures! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.



    P.S. Mint is not good solution for playing with flesh memory, but this is for some other discussion...
    P.S.2. You need to have the display of hidden and system files included...


    Edit:
    Ce Commander attached, with couple of plug-ins...
    Spoiler: attch
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by Boki_Srb; 2nd October 2017 at 06:39 PM.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

  10. #9
    Important User Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    Can't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru ForesterCan't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru ForesterCan't import speedcams to iGo 9 running on Subaru Forester
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,439
    Rep Power
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by todorakiggg View Post
    9.12.45.610686 - this is the exact version of iGo
    How can I be sure that the program is writing something to the internal memory of the unit? Isn't the fact that the navigation is not starting at all when there is no microsd card inserted enough to say that the program is installed on the sd card?
    sys.txt file I created and put on the right location is explained above and I even pasted the content of it.
    I checked About->Content->Alert Points and there is nothing mentioned about speedcams.
    As said above, I am using LinuxMint and there was never an issue of not being able to see files, which are actually there, for me this is out of question.
    I compared the file I have and the one downloaded from here and there are identical as of file structure. I even tried with the file from here and it is not loading either.
    Do you see a save directory on the external card where you stored your map? Temporarily rename it to save_ and start proggy; if it ask you for initial setup and create save directory with data inside it, you know it's writing to correct place.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lux
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sorry, it took me a while to respond to your last messages guys...
    Attached is a screenshot pic of what I see under Mint with root privileges and under Windows - there are no differences, there is no navigation.exe and there is no Save directory, but when the card is out, navigation is not starting up...
    I am starting giving up...
    This is a weird version of iGo Subaru are using.
    Spoiler: pic
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Boki_Srb; 8th October 2017 at 06:52 PM.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.