Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default .HSP files and false maximum speed limits

    I have some difficulties with max speed limits.
    Some highways or roads display the wrong maximum speed sign or the warnings are bleeping continuously without reason.
    Probably also the speedcam?

    Installed the latest map udates found here dating 2017 on IGO 8.3 which is running on an old Navman 20.
    On the highway nearby parts of it allow 120 Km/hr but the device reads 80 or even 50 or 100.

    Found a map with .HSP. files? What is it? Defined by country.

    Where is the information of maximum speed stored in the program? (apart from speedcams)
    Is there a way to change the indication like a visual warning instead of the alarm?
    Or to add the data in general so I don't have to correct it with every new route?

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    iGO Moderator .HSP files and false maximum speed limits
    .HSP files and false maximum speed limits
    Boki_Srb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Niš
    Age
    45
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    416

    Default

    Located in directory \content\histspeed:
    *.HSP - average data for the congestion on the roads in different days of week and time of day. Helps in calculating the route to avoid potential congestion. Do not be confused with TMC infos (thery are in real time).
    To be honest, I really don't see great benefit from them.

    Informations about speed limits are located inside country.fbl file, have nothing to do with hsp.
    Change map provider.

    Welcome to forum.
    Start your presence here by reading [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    P.S. Interesting, I thought that on F20 Igo can not work.
    I would recommend changing the software, and in view of the power of the device I would put first edition Primo on it (9.2.1.178658 for example).
    Last edited by Boki_Srb; 16th September 2017 at 10:10 AM.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

  4. #3
    Important User .HSP files and false maximum speed limits
    .HSP files and false maximum speed limits.HSP files and false maximum speed limits.HSP files and false maximum speed limits
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brnrds View Post
    I have some difficulties with max speed limits.
    Some highways or roads display the wrong maximum speed sign or the warnings are bleeping continuously without reason.
    Probably also the speedcam?
    If "maximum speed sign" you mean road speed limit, that data is not in speedcam, it's in the map (.fbl). If you're see it wrong, it's the map that has it wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by brnrds View Post
    Installed the latest map udates found here dating 2017 on IGO 8.3 which is running on an old Navman 20.
    On the highway nearby parts of it allow 120 Km/hr but the device reads 80 or even 50 or 100.
    Make sure you select metric instead of english speed in Settings->Region->Units and Formats

    Quote Originally Posted by brnrds View Post
    Found a map with .HSP. files? What is it? Defined by country.
    It is for historical speed profile and has nothing to do with your problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by brnrds View Post
    Where is the information of maximum speed stored in the program? (apart from speedcams)
    Is there a way to change the indication like a visual warning instead of the alarm?
    Or to add the data in general so I don't have to correct it with every new route?
    You're mixing road speed with speed of speedcam. You can tell proggy to alarm when you're max speed is certain percentage above road speed. Check Settings->Warnings->Speed Limit
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 16th September 2017 at 06:20 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.