Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 87
  1. #71
    Member + iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Zimbabwe
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Well, can we agree that israel is in no way better than Gift, only it has some more usefool tools made by users, which, btw, can also be implemented in Gift with no problems?! At least, I had no problems with it. And, mapchanger is way better, for me personally, if you have more than one iGO installed and do not have to choose in Mapchanger which iGO will start. On this, "my" way, I can change maps and than I can choose which iGO I will use. No matter is it Israel, Gift, Basar, World...

    Quote Originally Posted by marx View Post
    On the end, everyone will choose as it suits him and I just wrote my own personal observations about the differences and the reasons for my personal choice.
    Agree.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #72
    Important User iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marx View Post
    Israel is better because you can run external applications like gjamapchanger and skinchanger ...and then because it has the ability to collect error log ...and then because possibility to send emergency sms with coordinates ...and because it allows logging gps tracking to the PC. And in all that time Gift is not better by any criteria.

    EDIT: ...and, Israel has packagename which does not interfere with iGO primo too.
    Compare apple with apple. Unmodded Israel doesn't provide what you speak. All those capabilities are added by modder(s) not developer(s). Unless I'm wrong, only Gift has VR for Hebrew (unmodded) and weather works (unmodded) If you need "SMS" or "Logging", then the only proggy that has it (for now) is made from modders. You can also use "mapchanger*" or "weather" mods; but then again they are not from original proggy made by developer(s).

    Another thing, do you really care if codes are from modders or from developers? Well as a modder you want original codes to play with, not other modders codes. As a users it depend; but as a general rule, codes from developers are better.

    * Note that the only mapchanger that's working correctly is the one that rename the directories. I have not seen any implementations that work correctly without doing so.

  4. #73
    Important User iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marx View Post
    No solution for truck on Basar. You need Israel.
    To be more precise you need Israel "Gift", Israel "World" doesn't have it neither. Here is the reason why
    Spoiler: .


    I've quickly look at the codes. For all three proggies, user interfaces (vehicles.ui) are the same (checked with CRC32). However, the boolean %mydata.vehicle_profile.licensed and %mydata.vehicle_profile.list[current].use_extended are false for World and Basar. So a quick kludge is to remove them or set them to 1(true). But I do not know if this will solved it because the use_extended might be relevant (perhaps it's used to indicates the core codes that provides such function.) The "licensed" is not Truck Restrictions data (under About->Content) which is valid. It's the "Vehicle Profile" licensing which perhaps is not activate for proggy.


  5. #74
    Important User iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    wojpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Polska
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    576

    Default

    Mate @marx and others ..
    Please look at the screen:

    Spoiler: Screen's
    Screenshot 2017 03 28 00 52 02
    Screenshot 2017 03 28 00 48 34
    Screenshot 2017 03 27 14 38 57
    Screenshot 2017 03 27 13 00 31
    Screenshot 2017 03 24 11 48 59

    There are 5 versions of iGO installed:
    1.World - 693527v2
    2. Basar - 689739
    3. Gift - 687519
    4.Israel 687519
    5. AVIC - 624772
    Each of them has the option of setting up a TRUCK profile - with a full - enhanced vehicle configuration.
    Please do not write that you can not ... - you can - without problem's

    cool

    regards wojpen
    Last edited by wojpen; Yesterday at 12:11 AM.
    Password for My Files: wojpen
    User (when necessary): wojpen
    Closed Link - Please PM
    regards

  6. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Beograd
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Well, can we agree that israel is in no way better than Gift, only it has some more usefool tools made by users, which, btw, can also be implemented in Gift with no problems?!
    Not, we can't agree at this time because at this time "israel" have mentioned extended functionality but "gift" don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    ...And, mapchanger is way better, for me personally, if you have more than one iGO installed and do not have to choose in Mapchanger which iGO will start. On this, "my" way, I can change maps and than I can choose which iGO I will use. No matter is it Israel, Gift, Basar, World...
    - with gjamapchanger i can change 4 map providers ...you can only 2
    - from gjamapchanger i can autostart any app (except gift) ...you can't and you use more taps
    - with gjamapchanger i can change POI too ...you can't

    @osiris why not compare apple with apple? Yes, "israel" and "gift" are apple from same tree but "israel" is ripe, tasty and weights 300g. while the "gift" is immature, tasteless and weights only 100g.
    ...and yes, you are wrong - original "israel" and "gift" are from same source and have same default ux-es (vr, weather...) and possibilities but "israel" is better moded.
    Gjamapchanger works just in that way, with renaming folders ...and, if you want, can autostart many igo apps (but no "gift").

    ...and in post #73 you are wrong, :D ..." israel" isn't "world" - "israel" is same as "gift" ...from israel PS, same original functionality but "israel" is arimi's and "gift" is miksontije's mod ..."israel" not interfere (because same packagename) with iGO Primo israel but "gift" interfere.
    I understand you're confused by all these things but this is tribute to these frequent publishing new versions (with new names :D) even though many do not have any significant difference compared to other.

    @wojpen if you tested and you stay sure about first and second app from your list than... ...than ...than i don't know what to say. For me and many other peoples, truck and bus advanced settings is not working on these apps. What did you do to make you succeed?

  7. #76
    Important User iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    354

    Default

    What does UNMODDED Israel has that UNMODDED Gift doesn't without any user mods such as SMS, mapchanger, logging, etc... As I'd already said "Unmodded Israel doesn't provide what you speak." Just because something is full of sugar and fat, doesn't mean everyone will wants to eat it. My point is, when comparing UNMODDED Israel Gift with any other versions make sure it's UNMODDED, not the "ripe" one. The word "better" is subjective, it's not better if I don't needs/wants it.

    BTW, the three latest posts of 9.18.27.xxxx are UNMODDED. They shouldn't be compared to modded version of Israel.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; Yesterday at 03:36 AM.

  8. #77
    Member +
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wojpen View Post
    Mate @marx and others ..
    Please look at the screen:

    Spoiler: Screen's
    Screenshot 2017 03 28 00 52 02
    Screenshot 2017 03 28 00 48 34
    Screenshot 2017 03 27 14 38 57
    Screenshot 2017 03 27 13 00 31
    Screenshot 2017 03 24 11 48 59

    There are 5 versions of iGO installed:
    1.World - 693527v2
    2. Basar - 689739
    3. Gift - 687519
    4.Israel 687519
    5. AVIC - 624772
    Each of them has the option of setting up a TRUCK profile - with a full - enhanced vehicle configuration.
    Please do not write that you can not ... - you can - without problem's

    cool

    regards wojpen
    How did you get Truck Enhanced Configuration in World - 693527v2 ?
    With same ux from pongo skin I have Truck Enhanced Configuration in Israel, but not in World version of iGO....

  9. #78
    Important User iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    wojpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Polska
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marx View Post
    @wojpen if you tested and you stay sure about first and second app from your list than... ...than ...than i don't know what to say. For me and many other peoples, truck and bus advanced settings is not working on these apps. What did you do to make you succeed?
    I am checking for these options in other versions iGO.
    Soon I will put a solution. Be patient..
    Password for My Files: wojpen
    User (when necessary): wojpen
    Closed Link - Please PM
    regards

  10. #79
    Master seria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    249

    Default

    I would appreciate your help to complete this new topic:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2s
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  11. #80
    Important User iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017iGO Navigation 9.18.27.693527 - 14.mar.2017
    wojpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Polska
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    576

    Default

    Hello Friend,
    As I wrote - in these versions Truck full profile - works.
    Online service (TMC + Traffic) also.
    I check the weather and other versions
    Password for My Files: wojpen
    User (when necessary): wojpen
    Closed Link - Please PM
    regards

 

 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.