I'm curious what android device(s) have traffic RDS capability?
This hack adds the following:
1. Long press the next street (top bar) to quick simulates route (no buttons control)
2. Add numeric heading* in front of cardinal direction (ie: 86E)
3. Add voice prompt for
pressing 2D/NorthUp/3D button at top right
entering GPS status
entering data fields (long press bottom left)
entering trip computer (press bottom left)
entering where am i (press bottom center on current street)
When you're driving and trying to keep your eyes on the road, voice feedback is important
* NNG define heading more like bearing; North=0, clockwise to E=90, counterclockwise to W=-90 and S=180/-180
Last edited by osiris4isis; 5th April 2016 at 01:21 PM.
I do not care if they block/ban me but you deserve one BIG THANK YOU. Man you are an amazing guy. Everything works fine. This makes the navi so cool.
You're welcome mate, I'm working on something pretty cool. It will help me driving at night by showing and announcing crossroads*. Extremely hard to see streets at night and sometime you'll passed them up while driving at normal speed. I've got it working for Avic but know I have to convert it to Basarsoft (ugh, every NNG version is slightly different)
* why would I want this if I can just route to a destination? well, there are cases where I do not know the destination but I need to find my way via familiar streetnames...hard to explain but trust me, it helps.
thanks this works for andriod 6 ?
That is actually very cool I like that. It is extremely useful...
Extra I wish we have here:
- Announcing traffic lights...like slow down traffic lights ahead etc.
- Drag route (Sygic Truck) use your finger to drag route (point) to change route
- Add multiple stops (between A - B point)
- There was a cool option (one PRIMO edition) inside route options "More Highways" as a fifth option beside Easy, Fast,Short, Green
I noticed when activating your simulation there are no options like speed up or click next section, just simulation at normal speed.
Traffic lights function required data from
1. OSM (accurate but incomplete in most countries, for some European countries it's ok but for US it sucks)
2. Collect by processing track from logger. I wrote a proggy that did that; so I just turn logger on phone and drive around, then process .gpx file for speed changes to find intersections with stop (from stop sign or traffic light)
3. I think in near future traffic light data will be part of map since HERE is now owned by car manufacturers and they are working on automated driving
Once you have that data, it's just another alert type that NNG can already handled.
Regarding simulation, that is correct and I mentioned that. It's very strange, I'm calling the same routine as Simulation under Route Summary and you can sometime see it flash on screen then disappeared. Didn't have time to investigate more into it.
Update: Here is a mod to change heading to be 0-360 clockwise (that is: North=0/360, East=90, South=180, West=270) and also "partial solution" to the simulation menu/icon (initial speed is 2X instead of 1X) but once it disappeared, it won't come back. Odd, I'll investigate further later, getting sleepy now.
Last edited by osiris4isis; 5th April 2016 at 03:01 PM.
A quick question, mate. How should one install your hacks? By replacing original data.zip or merging yours with the existent one (and if so, how)
Still prefer iGO Primo with Doupas skin, although the default features in NextGen is impressive
If you think I helped you, please add to my reputation