Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 126
  1. #91
    Important User Truck support in NG versions
    Truck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versions
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    515

    Default

    The issues (for me) isn't about Israel* since the_bookworm already shown that it "fully" worked. The issues is Gift, ever since my first post in this thread, it always been about Gift. If you're happy with your version, good for you. I want what would be provided according to the codes.

    * Arimi's version used; but I preferred original untouched Israel being tested. If you have original NextGen9.18.27.687519-Israel(7Feb2017), please post it.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 14th September 2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #92
    Member +
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Age
    40
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    GIFT version, downloaded from this forum. No additional lic-files, no additional skins, only truck.zip posted by osiris4isis is added.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Spoiler: ver+lic info

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #93
    Member +
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Age
    40
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Spoiler: screens part 1

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #94
    Member +
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Age
    40
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Spoiler: screens part 2

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    And again - it is impossible to for me to make screenshots of the message windows that appeard when I drive on restricted road. Personally I saw today two messages - one says some thing like "You are driving in restricted area, please, consider leaving. Continue driving at your own risk." and the second one was similar, but it concerns directly the weight of vehicle (over 12t).

    Regards.

  6. #95
    Member +
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Age
    40
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Unless I am wrong, I believe Israel 9.18.27.687519 (2017_01_26) is what I called NextGen9.18.27.687519-Gift(26Jan2017). But to be sure, please give CRC-32 of .apk
    Spoiler: CRC-32/sfv
    ISRAEL_9.18.27.687519.apk 805CACA1

  7. #96
    Important User Truck support in NG versions
    Truck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versions
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    515

    Default

    Many thanks, mate. No need to screenshot notifications, your descriptions make sense. As far as Gift working "fully", I am satisfied with the test. Now we can use Gift+truck(from World) without additional cracked and licensing and truck restriction is working "fully." This makes me feel better to continue modding Gift.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

  8. #97
    Member +
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hoogerheide
    Age
    42
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It is Not Truck, Drive through a tunnel of 3,5m height with a 4,5m truck, and you don't see any signs on te side of you're screen.

    This is what you're looking for Osiris4isis.

    You only get the one i posted before, what is showing now in the screenshot's are turn warnings from DA, no truck at all.
    I don't want to know if i'm going straifgt on the same road do i, i wan't to know if i can pass the tunnel up ahead......

    I am still testing and as soon i do have the screens with truck notices on the side i will post it here

  9. #98
    Member +
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Age
    40
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo Palinckx View Post
    It is Not Truck, Drive through a tunnel of 3,5m height with a 4,5m truck, and you don't see any signs on te side of you're screen.

    This is what you're looking for Osiris4isis.

    You only get the one i posted before, what is showing now in the screenshot's are turn warnings from DA, no truck at all.
    I don't want to know if i'm going straifgt on the same road do i, i wan't to know if i can pass the tunnel up ahead......

    I am still testing and as soon i do have the screens with truck notices on the side i will post it here
    Just tested that today.
    I put the 5.5m height in truck profile and deliberately went on the road with 4m tunnel (under a bridge to be exact). Just before the passing it says that my vehicle is not capable of passing through selected road and there were two buttons instead of plain "DISMISS" like in other alerts I saw. The buttons were "IGNORE" and "ACCEPT" in terms of accepting or not accepting the warning and planning a completely new road.

    Ludo, I'm quite sure that no NG's without additional skins are able to show the alert sign onto the map (like overlay), if thats what you mean. Maybe with some additional skins/ux this is possible.

    The alerts on the screenshots I posted come, as I suggest before, as follows.
    The data (information) comes from .ftr-files, which have all the additional map data - weight limits, height limits and so on. It is used as additional data by the routing engine to avoid (if possible) roads not permitted for the profiled vehicle.
    The visual infromation comes from truck.zip and it consist of additional more descriptive messages and additional signs (the ones on my screens). But I'm quite sure there is no additional information or different algorithms in truck.zip.

    Also, I never get turn restrictions with distances (refering the screenshots) before using truck.zip. And I never have such sign if the selected vehicle is CAR, for example.

    I'm not a truck dirver, but I drive a large cargo van (panel van?) so sometimes I prefer to avoid small, narrow streets and then I switch to truck-profile. And, of course, as you already mention - one must use the grey matter wisely and frequently

    Regadrs

  10. #99
    Important User Truck support in NG versions
    Truck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versions
    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bookworm View Post
    Just tested that today.
    I put the 5.5m height in truck profile and deliberately went on the road with 4m tunnel (under a bridge to be exact). Just before the passing it says that my vehicle is not capable of passing through selected road and there were two buttons instead of plain "DISMISS" like in other alerts I saw. The buttons were "IGNORE" and "ACCEPT" in terms of accepting or not accepting the warning and planning a completely new road.
    This is notification. Thanks for the verification.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bookworm View Post
    Ludo, I'm quite sure that no NG's without additional skins are able to show the alert sign onto the map (like overlay), if thats what you mean. Maybe with some additional skins/ux this is possible.
    Correct. So far only truck.zip provides that.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bookworm View Post
    The alerts on the screenshots I posted come, as I suggest before, as follows.
    The data (information) comes from .ftr-files, which have all the additional map data - weight limits, height limits and so on. It is used as additional data by the routing engine to avoid (if possible) roads not permitted for the profiled vehicle.
    The visual infromation comes from truck.zip and it consist of additional more descriptive messages and additional signs (the ones on my screens). But I'm quite sure there is no additional information or different algorithms in truck.zip.
    With truck.zip UX, the only additional info is insertion of routing restriction in routing screen. There is no additional nor special algorithm added.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bookworm View Post
    Also, I never get turn restrictions with distances (refering the screenshots) before using truck.zip. And I never have such sign if the selected vehicle is CAR, for example.
    Correct. This is why I keep asking for it and finally posted the codes to prove that it should display it.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bookworm View Post
    I'm not a truck dirver, but I drive a large cargo van (panel van?) so sometimes I prefer to avoid small, narrow streets and then I switch to truck-profile. And, of course, as you already mention - one must use the grey matter wisely and frequently

    Regadrs
    Ditto. I have people that drive camper and large truck that height might be restricted on some underpass/bridge that don't want to get stuck.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 15th September 2017 at 05:47 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

  11. #100
    Member +
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hoogerheide
    Age
    42
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Look at post 38, 43, 45 and 51 from Wojpen.

    Truck does work, but you don't get the warn signs for height and other truck signs osiris4isis mentioned in post 33 ( on the side of the screen you don't get the height icon or every other one ).

    Only warning you get is the big screen warning like in my post 45, that's real life route.( same thing as the bookworm has )
    On route calculating you don.t get any warning at all, but when you take a look at the route profile, you can see he's taking another route to avoid tunnels etc, according to the setting in truck profile.

    Only thing i have is that i dont have fully map coverage in the Netherlands, there are several tunnels with warnings, but there are at least 2 tunnels wich the program or map don't work.
    I tested with Here Q1 and Q2 2017 maps.
    The Heinenoord tunnel on the A29 Highway can't be passed with 4,5m height, i have set 4,5m in my profile, but i don't get any warning at all, not in calculating, not in route summary, not in real life.

    Like i said before, truck is working, but without the signs, only the Warnings, thing is, when you get the warning there's no turning back in real life, and you do have a problem.
    The route calculating is taking routes depend on you're profile, so normally you don't get to see the warning, because the planned route is not sending you through the tunnel.

    When you look at my post 45, there's a tunnel ahead with height limit of 4,30m, my profile is set at 4,5m, just to test.
    Route Calculation was taking me over the nearby bridge there a 2 exits before entering the tunnel, he guided me to take the 1st exit ( 1st picture ) wich i ignored, the program recalculated and wanted me to take the second exit, then i drove by the second exit and there's no turning back anymore, than i got the warning as showed, big screen says i can't pass the tunnel.

    Thanks everyone for looking into this, and all input is welcome. grtz. Ludo.
    Last edited by Ludo Palinckx; 15th September 2017 at 06:37 PM.

 

 
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.