Can anyone tell me what is the best GPS navigation for android without using 3g or 4g data?
If you like to read, learn and work: iGO.
If gou are lazy TomTom GO, but it needs data at installation to download maps.
My vote for Best Off-line GPS Navigation (Android Based) goes undisputedly to iGO !
Well said by catymag "If you like to read, learn and work: iGO."
only ever used tomtom and they do the job well
I support myself have igo and a great plus for tomtom go live trafic you do not need to use
Pretty much all decent Nav proggy are offline so no need to waste 3G/4G bandwidth.
1. NNG products: iGO8, Primo, NextGen gives best of everything
2. Sygic also gives lots of feature but no mods/hacks
3. Navigon (old version) is also good. Now bought by Garmin is going down hill.
4. Garmin StreetPilot is for those who like the "Garmin looks"
5. TomTom is for those who like the "TomTom looks"
6. Navitel is good but no maps for certain area like North America
"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho
Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!
1 Igo (with many possibilities eg the only program to find pois that are exactly on your route)
2 Alk Copilot ( also with many possibilities and easy menu ;better routing than iGo)
3 TomTom Go (good routing , but with very poor and difficult menu e.g. to make multipoint routes)
Sygic is no option,because of the many crashes , and very long routes (+1000 km) are not possible; apps are still in beta stadium