Who is going to play with a G. device firmware should understand what he is going to do:
1) Have a NV backup (the most important thing) because something may go wrong playing with firmware, it can happen: tested many times and I'm not a newbie in these stuffs and you mostly will be able to restore your device at once.
2) Understand preboot mode and how Updater.exe is working. Check your device HWID software and take the right one. With Updater.exe be patient and try untill you succeed, it's a bit tricky, but nothing so hard to give up.
Updater.exe is used to restore a device with cure,especially if you dont have NV backup, so learn how to use it: we heard about too many units bricked by Express or/and by a weak internet connection updating maps or other stuffs. Philipych wont save you in these cases
4) Inform yourself on forum, there are many threads and tutorials to understand how G. stuffs work.
3) Read with care instructions given in starting post.
4) If you dont know what you are doing, or if you don't have time to read&learn, please buy maps and stay with official G. firmware.
5) The patcher has been tested working in many G.devices and loaded .rgn files loaded by Updater.exe too.
6) Warning - Improper use of this software can damage your device: You are responsible for all consequences of an improper use of this patcher, use it at your own risk.