Edge 1000 software version 3.00
as of April 28, 2015
Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.00:
• New feature! Added the ability to update sensor software on supporting sensors which includes Vector power and HRM-Run sensors.
• New feature! Added the ability to configure Vector features. Turning off the Cycling Dynamics setting will help to extend Vector battery life. To do so, select Settings > Sensors > [your Vector sensor] > Sensor Details > Vector Features > Cycling Dynamics.
• Due to the previous change, cycling dynamics, torque effectiveness and pedal smoothness capabilities for supporting Vector power sensors will need to be re-enabled. These new settings can be found in the Settings > Sensors > [your Vector sensor] > Sensor Details > Vector Features menu.
• New feature! Added the ability to pair Vector S and Vector 2S pedals to a Vector upgrade pedal.
• Improved the accuracy of the ascent and descent calculations.
• Fixed bug preventing downloading training plans over Wi-Fi.
• Fixed bugs and made improvements to the Elevation graph page.
• Improved turn guidance instructions.
• Fixed issue where parts of map files would not load. This issue could be seen on devices that contained large map files such as the GB Discoverer Premium 1:25K maps.
Last edited by Genius3; 30th April 2015 at 00:15.
Edge 1000 software version 5.00
as of August 13, 2015
Changes made from version 4.10 to 5.00:
- Added support for Varia Rearview Radar.
- Improved stability of device transfers.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 4.10:
- Added support for Strava Live Segments. To start the Strava Live Segments experience, go to connect.garmin.com and link your Garmin Connect account with your Strava premium account through the segments widget, then sync with your Edge 1000 through WiFi, Garmin Connect Mobile, or Garmin Express.
- Increased the amount of segments that can be stored from 50 to 100.
- Fixed Edge Remote connection issues.
- Fixed an issue with route replacement.
- Fixed missed calls not displaying the phone number when connected to an Android phone.
- Improved Bluetooth file download notifications.
- Fixed Distance Ahead/Behind data field when riding a segment with the Virtual Partner training page disabled.
- Fixed Course Point Distance data field.
- Fixed Pedal Smoothness and Torque Effectiveness ride summary fields with left-side-only power meters.
Edge 1000 software version 5.10
as of September 23, 2015
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
◦ Added support for Varia Smart Bike Lights. Now you can form a network of lights including head lights, tail lights, and a rearview radar tail light.
◦ Added the ability to edit crank length for PowerTap P1 pedals.
◦ Fixed an issue where the totals for custom activity profiles would be erased after a software update.
◦ Fixed an issue where auto lap distance, auto pause speed, alert distances, and virtual partner speed would revert back to default values after a software update.
◦ Fixed an issue where segments would randomly not start.
◦ Fixed an issue where courses would sometimes not start at a point along the course but away from the start location.
◦ Improved device performance with many segments loaded.
Edge 1000 software version 5.20
as of December 8, 2015
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:
◦ Improved Varia bike light network performance when using multiple lights and a radar. Update your Varia Rearview Radar to software version 3.00 or greater to take advantage of this.
◦ A new Radar sensor type has been added and new radar settings are available under Sensor Details that allow you to control radar tones, color overlay, and vehicle column position. These settings are available only after updating your Varia Rearview Radar to software version 3.00 or greater.
◦ Improved radar overlay display when using Edge menus.
◦ Improved the light sensor menu and refined light network mode options, adding a high visibility mode.
◦ Fixed issue where the odometer data field reported the total distance for the wrong activity profile.
◦ Added support for 2015.30 cycle maps.
Edge 1000 software version 6.00
as of Februrary 23, 2016
Changes made from version 5.20 to 6.00:
◦Added support for Varia Vision. Pair with this sensor by turning it on and adding it by selecting Settings > Sensors > Add Sensor > Varia Vision. Choose it from your list of sensors to configure its display settings and data screens.
◦Improved stability of ANT+ and Bluetooth connections to address dropout issues.
◦Improved navigation by leveraging enhanced map data in 2015.30 cycle maps.
◦Added the ability to automatically download software updates over Bluetooth. You will be able to download the next software update after this one by pairing to a smartphone with the Garmin Connect Mobile app. Updates can be installed when you are prompted after they are downloaded. If you choose to wait, a ready-to-install update can be found in Menu > Settings > About > System > Software Update.
◦Fixed an issue causing some manual activity uploads over Bluetooth to fail.
Last edited by dirtbikermp3; 25th February 2016 at 18:01.
GPS-Devices: serveral Garmin, Samsung Galaxy, Audi MMI
Edge 1000 software version 7.00
as of March 8, 2016
Changes made from version 6.00 to 7.00:
◦ Added support for Connect IQ data fields. On the Edge 1000, you can have ten Connect IQ data fields active at a time. To install Connect IQ data fields, manage your Edge 1000 in Garmin Connect Mobile or Garmin Express. After installing data fields, they will be available in the 'Connect IQ' category when selecting data fields to put on a data screen.
◦ Fixed a bug preventing the Vector installation angle wizard from advancing.
◦ Fixed a bug causing the 'Next:' field in a workout to show incorrect information when a series of steps are repeated.
◦ Improved searching in the 'Where To?' menu.
◦ Fixed once-per-second data recording.
Edge 1000 software version 8.00
as of April 13, 2016
Changes made from version 7.00 to 8.00:
◦ Varia Vision users: Please update to the latest version of Varia Vision software to maintain compatibility with your Edge.
◦ Added support for ANT+ shifting, enabling the SRAM RED eTAP and Campagnolo EPS systems. You can now view current gear information such as gear ratio and battery status directly on your device.
◦ Added compatibility with the new WKO4 Coggan individualized power levels (iLevels) by TrainingPeaks. Users can now update their iLevels directly from WKO4 by syncing through a USB connection. To change between using seven power zones or nine Coggan iLevels, go to My Stats > Training Zones > Power Zones > Configuration.
◦ Added the following features from the Edge 520:
◦ Indoor trainer support
◦ Independent GPS modes for activity profiles
◦ FTP test workout
◦ Auto-FTP calculation
◦ Auto-Max HR calculation
◦ VO2 Max calculation
◦ Recovery advisor
◦ Fixed an issue with segment leaderboard and weight file syncing through Garmin Connect Mobile.
◦ Changed the 'Gear Ratio' data field to be expressed as the front gear size divided by the rear gear size. For example, 52-11 is now 4.7. You can now view the size expressed in gear teeth with the new 'Gear Combo' data field.
◦ Added support for the Connect IQ smartphone API for CIQ developers.
◦ Fixed editing CIQ data field settings on Garmin Connect Mobile.
◦ Improved the software update process by skipping the initial setup wizard after completing an update.
◦ Added Firstbeat settings file storage to allow the VO2Max value to be preserved when updating software.
◦ Changed call and text prompts to require a key press to dismiss so they are not missed.
◦ Fixed issue with course time for Garmin Connect courses.
◦ Fixed activity review for rides recorded without location information (indoor rides).
◦ Improved direct routing and Back-to-Start.