Try to downgrade to previous version of FW.
Several ongoing issues on a few of my nüvi's. Here's the next one...
Not a single menu icon is showing on my nüvi 3790. I bought it second hand having a broken screen. I replaced the screen and now discovered this snag. Tried so far:
- reinstalled FW 5.00 via WebUpdater, no fix
- updated ancillary files, no fix
- created backup of rgn 41
- created backup of all files on the unit, except gmapdem.img (1.19 GB) because the unit went out of mass storage mode each time I wanted to copy this file
- performed a format, using RMPrepUSB
- reinstalled FW 5.00 via WebUpdater plus ancillary files, no fix
Enclosed a few pics to clarify the issue (last pic is an actual screenshot I managed to take by chance after much "trial & error" finding the invisible button):
"Where to?" menu
"About" menu (Unit ID blocked)
"Screen settings" menu
"View Map" page
As you can see, not a single icon or navigation button is shown. I'm open to any suggestion what to try next.
Are these icons located in a particular file that may be missing?
I suspect a software issue, hence the choice of forum posted in.
Downloaded FW 4.80 from Perry's site and installed by "drag & drop" onto the WebUpdater icon on my desktop. And YES!!! that solved the problem!!
I'm running out of time tonight but will try upgrading back to FW 5.00 again tomorrow.
Once again you've saved the day, loly!!
Upgraded to FW 5.00 and everything still works fine. I wonder why reinstalling FW 5.00 the first time did not fix the issue...
Downgrading clears better non vol, it's more effective in cases where normal clearing is not enough.