G'day James, welcome to GPSPower.
If you have US equipment, it would definitely be helpful to others to say how you solved the problem of using T5 collar with your Astro 320 and V3.40 firmware. The following is an extract from Garmin's change log for 320's fw.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Added support for tracking T 5 and TT 15 dog devices.
- Fixed dog arrow orientation when map is in track up mode.
- Fixed potential issues with stale tracking data if dog device is out of tracking range.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.60:
- Disabled dog tracking when used in countries for which the radio frequencies are not authorized.
- Improved map drawing in urban areas.
- Fixed display of temperatures below freezing as reported by tempe wireless temperature sensor.
- Fixed issue retrieving Public Land Survey System data from certain TOPO US 24K maps.
- Improved load times for geocache descriptions.
So it seems that only v3.40 and below can use unauthorised frequencies [including US freq in UK/ROI] exclusively with the older DC40/50, and v3.70> can use new T5 & T15 collars and then only with locally authorised freq. Do you actually have locally purchased unit and collars?
Please Login or Register to see the links