i can't get in preboot mode
If in your nuvi ,SD content cant be processed normally ,because it doesn't reach the needed stage at boot, you need to enter preboot mode to cure it.
Or with kunix's cure ,or by other methods like the one dasilvarsa was referring to in his post above.
Trying to restore backup do you get something in update.log in sd?
Usually if nuvi reaches Logo at start it can go in preboot, please try again.
1. Turn off the navigator.
2. Press the upper left corner of the screen.
3. Turn on the navigator still holding the upper left corner of the screen.
You have to navigate to get to the good.
Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600
with pressing the upper left corner the nav not show shake logobut still on boot logo without anyother word on screen
ow...no system is not displayed
not work ...the preboot is not loaded and the boot is not loaded the nuvi still in garmin logo
anyone can help me?
For us to help you must be prepared to very carefully follow instructions and report back exactly what happens when you do follow them.
1. If you are SURE that your unit is unable to flash commands from the microSD card, that ONLY leaves pre-boot mode to flash cure firmware.
2. If you are unable to flash from the card and also cannot reach pre-boot your unit is probably not able to be recovered.
3. Most units can reach pre-boot if a logo is displayed. Sometimes you must try again and again to reach pre-boot. I've had it work after 10 tries or more. 24x5 doesn't show 'System' on screen in pre-boot.
4. The easiest and most reliable way to reach pre-boot and then flash using updater.exe is this method which works for most nuvis including 24x5:
- Have updater.exe already loaded with the cure RGN open and visible on your desktop with the radio button next to 'USB Device:' selected;
- Have a miniUSB cable plugged into a rear port of your PC;
- Hold your 2495 with your left thumb firmly in the very top left-hand corner of the screen with the rest of your fingers holding it firmly from behind;
- With your right hand plug the miniUSB into the socket of the unit, watching the update.exe window;
- When your unit details appear in the window to the right of 'USB Device:' on updater.exe, IMMEDIATELY click 'OK' and continue to hold the screen firmly until 'Loader' appears on it;
- Allow the flash to finish.
Please try again and report.
'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].