Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,079 of 1079
  1. #1071
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    5,868
    Rep Power
    1355

    Default

    Check the accuracy in the sat page [hold the bars on top LH corner on the main screen to access it]. Many ppl complain the they had 3m accuracy routinely before conversion but not afterwards. See this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. It seems to depend on the gps chip fitted, one is just more compatible with 34x0 software than the other apparently.

    The GPS's speed reading is certainly quite accurate provided the sat fix is good. Speedos in cars seem to read up to 10% over in many countries. It varies though, my late model Subaru Liberty reads about 8% over, yet my 1992 L series wagon reads smack-on. Go figure. Cars i've hired in the States all seem to read accurately, same as a GPS anyway. Id trust the GPS reading before the car speedo once it's got a stable fix.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #1072
    Pro-Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Age
    30
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Check the accuracy in the sat page [hold the bars on top LH corner on the main screen to access it]. Many ppl complain the they had 3m accuracy routinely before conversion but not afterwards. See this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. It seems to depend on the gps chip fitted, one is just more compatible with 34x0 software than the other apparently.

    The GPS's speed reading is certainly quite accurate provided the sat fix is good. Speedos in cars seem to read up to 10% over in many countries. It varies though, my late model Subaru Liberty reads about 8% over, yet my 1992 L series wagon reads smack-on. Go figure. Cars i've hired in the States all seem to read accurately, same as a GPS anyway. Id trust the GPS reading before the car speedo once it's got a stable fix.
    I could've sworn that the reason, in the past, why I went back to the 3790 original firmware (after converting my device to 34xx) is that it was way too inaccurate when using the 34xx firmware.

    That's what I thought. I already tried it in two cars and it seems to exhibit the same behavior. I guess it's just the standard speedo config in our country.

    NOTE: I just read that thread you've posted and it seems that the OP says that he was also having the same inaccuracy problem AFTER changing to the 34xx firmware for his 3760 device.
    Last edited by kevindd992002; 17th June 2015 at 12:54 PM.

  4. #1073
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    sofia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello,

    A few days ago my 3760 converted it in 3490 and it happened. Today I tried to return the device back to 3760, but during the update updater.exe spent a mistake and now the device does not start. The screen lights up, but nothing is displayed. Unable to enter the preboot mode.
    Someone had any similar problem?

    Problem solved - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by sandra22; 30th June 2015 at 08:52 AM.

  5. #1074
    ☼ADMIN☼ Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    19,164
    Rep Power
    4758

    Default

    1)Backup region 41 before doing modding in nuvi!
    2) use sd files to convert and to roll back.

    sent with my phone
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

    Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

  6. #1075
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    35
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Hello Senior members,
    Long ago I followed the instruction of these pages and transform my nuvi 3750 to 34XX. Recently for some reasons the device keeps on turning itself Off/On during navigation. To solve the problem it appears that I need to do a software update and a master reset on the device. I did the software update but wondering will the master reset brings me back to the 3750 ?
    Will backing up region 41 and restoring help?
    In advance thank you for any advice
    Camissa
    Last edited by sonataGL; 10th January 2016 at 11:36 PM.

  7. #1076
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    5,868
    Rep Power
    1355

    Default

    G'day Camissa. You should always have a backup of rgn41 kept permanently. Regardless, backing it up now and then immediately restoring it would only write it back byte for byte including any corruption if it was present. Do the backup now anyway, but it will be region 41 as 34xx device not 37xx.

    A 'master' or hard reset will not return it to 3750, only reflashing 37xx firmware will do that. A reset [or clear nonvol] will delete all your user data however, so if you wish to save your favourites back up your GPX folder to restore after the reset. Doing a'clear nonvol' gives a little more comprehensive reset and just as easy to do as a hard reset. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  8. #1077
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    35
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    G'day Camissa. You should always have a backup of rgn41 kept permanently. Regardless, backing it up now and then immediately restoring it would only write it back byte for byte including any corruption if it was present. Do the backup now anyway, but it will be region 41 as 34xx device not 37xx.

    A 'master' or hard reset will not return it to 3750, only reflashing 37xx firmware will do that. A reset [or clear nonvol] will delete all your user data however, so if you wish to save your favourites back up your GPX folder to restore after the reset. Doing a'clear nonvol' gives a little more comprehensive reset and just as easy to do as a hard reset. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Thanks Neil, I do appreciate your prompt reply. I just did the backup of rgn41 and current.gpx and then cleared the nv. I have restored the current.gpx ( via temp.gpx). I will see tomorrow if this helps with the device turning off/on during navigation.
    Update: run my old gps today for about 2hours and working fine.
    Once again thank you for all
    Camissa
    Last edited by sonataGL; 11th January 2016 at 09:20 PM.

  9. #1078
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Were the sensitivity issues solved, before it was some issues after conversion sat accuracy drops?

  10. #1079
    GPSPower Helper Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    dasilvarsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    1,128
    Rep Power
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aras2014 View Post
    Were the sensitivity issues solved, before it was some issues after conversion sat accuracy drops?
    No

    Yes this happened on some devices on others not.
    @ this stage there is no support for this conversion.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

 

 
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.