Hi! Shall I copy the exe to root of Nokia (where I now can see/find 5.00.50 Gamin MobileXT.sis) and from there hit it. OR should I run if from pc and from all those files copy ONLY xxx.sis into root of Nokia WITHOUT deleting the previous xx.sis and then hit the new xx.sis?
Im always more or less confused! Sorry..
Edit: Ok. I took the .sis file and copied it in to the \Garmin\Apps\Symbian\res\ folder in my Nokia N97 and from there I hit it.. Voila!! It seems to work just fine and the landscape mode as I was longing for is there! (when the installation starts just ignore all the warnings and keep it running)
Last edited by kincop; 10th April 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Reason: Found a solution
is the latest official Garmin mobile XT, released in Taiwan
If you want the official file and your preference is English version instead of Taiwan version, then try the following steps to convert the GMXT Symbian Taiwan version to English version.
1) Uninstall existing GMXT Symbian.
2) Install the GMXT Symbian v5.00.60TW.
3) Backup [SD]:\Garmin\Apps\GMSUP.INI by rename it to other name, e.g. GMSUP.INI-org.
4) Open [SD]:\Garmin\Apps\Symbian\RES\GMSUP with Notepad and delete the content LOCAL_VER=TAIWAN and save GMSUP (without any extension) with the balance content:
5) Run GMXT and it should be in English version now.
or download it already done from this thread [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Changes made from Garmin Mobile XT Symbian S60 V9 (TWN) 5.00.40 version to 5.00.60:
1. Simultaneously amended English version of Garmin Mobile XT v5.00.60.
2. Improve NOKIA 5800 horizontal to vertical screen display issue.
3. Improve NOKIA 5800 "turn preview" display in horizontal screen issue.
4. Improve NOKIA 5800 text display in night mode.
You have to navigate to get to the good.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Password for my files: gpspower.net Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600