Bigger JCV = higher res & more views. I can use any of those jcv files in my modded 1300. Not sure if that is the case with this iphone app, but probably can use any. If you're not game to try, maybe PM neadrenalin or catymag if they or someone else doesn't post to clarify following this. Later map & JCV available: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
"Jailbreak isn't needed."
Without any need of Jailbreak on my Iphone/ Ipad then how could I install this software into my Ipad if I don't buy this software. I tried and it doesn't work or do you mean that I need to buy this software for $49.99 and then remove US map and use other map I need instead.
Last edited by moreins1; 6th January 2012 at 15:57.
same error....any solution?
Read the EDIT in post above yours.
Garmin-USA_OnBoard_NoMap.ipa available in Post #1 is the software application. If it's not working what errors or problems?.....I tried and it doesn't work or do you mean that I need to buy this software....
You must purchase the application in App Store to use it on non-jailbroken phone. After purchase you may replace original map files with your own without jailbreak (using iExplorer).
.ipa file from the first post can be used only on jailbroken phone.
I guess any JCV file can suit the application.
first, i had some trouble with the app trying to ID my map file.
follow these instructions. it worked for me. (credits to the guy who made these steps)
- Download the .ipa file and install on your iPhone or iPod touch. (Install using "Installous" or using iTunes)
- Download the maps (.IMG files) and other contents (3D, JCV etc) from other threads of this forum for your country.
- Rename the country map to "gmapprom.img" (if it is gmapsupp.img).
- Using iExplorer or your preferred file browser for your idevice (on PC) browse to the directory "var\mobile\Applications\[APP DIR]\garmin-nav.app\storage-usa\.System" and copy in the map files (.IMG) and other directories for JCV and G2S. (NOTE: You can get the [APP DIR] name using iFile; enable "Application Names" in settings and look for "USA"
- After copying the contents you need to modify the permissions on files; to do this, open iFile on your idevice, first enable "Hidden Files" under the settings of iFile to see the .System folder, then browse to the folder "var\mobile\Applications\[APP DIR]\garmin-nav.app\storage-usa\.System" and adjust the follwings:
Owner: mobile; Group: mobile
User: Read, Write, Execute
Group: Read, Execute
World: Read, Execute
- Close iFile, and launch the app